Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: starter not engaging/no power

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

starter not engaging/no power

Replaced my last 2 batteries as they whereto old. If I hadn't used it in a week had to put the battery charger on. Starer had worked fine with the boost. Here is the problem,removed drivers battery first but positive cable fell into engine hitting the ?abs module. it has 4 black metal lines running from a silver aluminum block. of course it sparked till I could grab the line. Removed other battery on passenger side. Now after installing new batteries I have power inside but turn key to start and nothing. Checked fuses # 13,22,23,28,33,42. All are ok. Small red circular dot also lights on dash. I have not gotten under truck yet,it is out on grass but 50ft from my lifts I don't want to crawl under yet to check the lead switch to the starter.. Tried truck in park and neutral and still no luck. Any suggestions anyone. I do have a factory manuel 5 out of 6 books for this 2008 ram 3500 6.7 2wd.

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: starter not engaging/no power

Next time put the year in the text box

That's not good. The ECM controls everything now. You didn't see any wires damaged did you?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shake the cove View Post
    Replaced my last 2 batteries as they whereto old. If I hadn't used it in a week had to put the battery charger on. Starer had worked fine with the boost. Here is the problem,removed drivers battery first but positive cable fell into engine hitting the ?abs module. it has 4 black metal lines running from a silver aluminum block. of course it sparked till I could grab the line. Removed other battery on passenger side. Now after installing new batteries I have power inside but turn key to start and nothing. Checked fuses # 13,22,23,28,33,42. All are ok. Small red circular dot also lights on dash. I have not gotten under truck yet,it is out on grass but 50ft from my lifts I don't want to crawl under yet to check the lead switch to the starter.. Tried truck in park and neutral and still no luck. Any suggestions anyone. I do have a factory manuel 5 out of 6 books for this 2008 ram 3500 6.7 2wd.
    Aside from checking all the fuses which it looks like you've done. Maybe check the starter relay? It wouldnt make sense but electrical can be a doozie.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

not sure the 08 is like my 16 in this regard, but between the lead and the terminal connection to the battery, there are small boxes, like 3/4 x 3/4 by 1/2 that are between the terminal connection and the lead. These are fuses. Found that out the hard way. Check them too if you have them.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    not sure the 08 is like my 16 in this regard, but between the lead and the terminal connection to the battery, there are small boxes, like 3/4 x 3/4 by 1/2 that are between the terminal connection and the lead. These are fuses. Found that out the hard way. Check them too if you have them.
    I don't see them on my 03. I'm thinking the neutral safety circuit. Have to consult the wiring diagram. Or better yet, you do it. I'm in overload with this brake

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I don't see them on my 03. I'm thinking the neutral safety circuit. Have to consult the wiring diagram. Or better yet, you do it. I'm in overload with this brake
    Trying to find the wiring issue in a sweeper with the 3.8L QSF..... Its a bad ground or power line to the injection pump it would seem, but we replaced the entire harness, ECU, IP, and its still there.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks, that was it . Now I get the dreaded Throttle position sensor blinking.Sigh found one on Amazon for $152 a Mopar part. of course with close to 400,000 on it things wear out,but why allot same time.LOL

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shake the cove View Post
    Thanks, that was it . Now I get the dreaded Throttle position sensor blinking.Sigh found one on Amazon for $152 a Mopar part. of course with close to 400,000 on it things wear out,but why allot same time.LOL
    What was it? Neutral safety switch or relay?

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post