Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  80
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MM3 Transmission Relearn.

1. Top Of Page | #1

MM3 Transmission Relearn.

Ok. I am new to all this MM3 relearn stuff. I am in need of help if anyone out there could help.
    Q1: Once my Files are downloaded do I not run tunes and leave as is? I have heard that it if I switch from a light to to heavy tune or even a Sports/Economy tune it confuses the TCM?
    Q2: What do I need to do? What are the Steps I need to take for the TCM to Learn the Shift patterns in my truck.
    Reason: I am getting alot of shift flare from 3rd to 4th Gear and continues to happen once 4th is locked then goes away when I hit the Throttle? I am searching these websites and cannot fine anything. I ran into a BD Diesel Video on how they perform the relearn process when they install their Transmission. And was scratching my head asking myself if this is what I need to do. I have ran the tunes for 700+ miles and still has not changed. If anyone out there has ran into my same issue or something similar I would greatly appreciate the knowledge. The tunes I have were made by Calibrated Power Solutions and is a emissions tune. Please Help!! I am pulling my hair out and my truck went from fun to drive to what the heck not so fun. Sucks cause I love my RAM and I want her back with some ponies. Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Transmission Relearn.

Ok. I am new to all this MM3 relearn stuff. I am in need of help if anyone out there could help. - Answered in bold.

Q1: Once my Files are downloaded do I not run tunes and leave as is? I have heard that it if I switch from a light to heavy tune or even a Sports/Economy tune it confuses the TCM? - it won't.

Q2: What do I need to do? What are the Steps I need to take for the TCM to Learn the Shift patterns in my truck. - it learns the tuning from the tuner.
    Reason: I am getting alot of shift flare from 3rd to 4th Gear and continues to happen once 4th is locked then goes away when I hit the Throttle? I am searching these websites and cannot fine anything. I ran into a BD Diesel Video on how they perform the relearn process when they install their Transmission. And was scratching my head asking myself if this is what I need to do. I have ran the tunes for 700+ miles and still has not changed. If anyone out there has ran into my same issue or something similar I would greatly appreciate the knowledge. The tunes I have were made by Calibrated Power Solutions and is a emissions tune. Please Help!! I am pulling my hair out and my truck went from fun to drive to what the heck not so fun. Sucks cause I love my RAM and I want her back with some ponies. Thank you!! - Sounds like you have bad tuning friend.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Thank you. Do you think that I may have some sort of Trans issue? Truck has 71k on it?

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Also. If in fact I have bad tunes can I get tunes from somewhere else and put them on the MM3. I am taking the truck in to a very reputable Trans Shop here and they are gonna look at it. If it's not the Trans then I am gonna try to get my money back from the Tuner and go with Ray at DRD.

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I agree, I would get in touch with Calibrated Power and explain to them what’s going on. A transmission relearn does not take 700 miles. You will, unfortunately get some shift flare here and there between those gears and the only way to eliminate that is to do some upgrades in the transmission. I’m assuming you have a 68RFE transmission since you’re talking about a relearn but to my understanding, shift flare is normal in the trucks with stock transmissions.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheSleeperGoat View Post
    Also. If in fact I have bad tunes can I get tunes from somewhere else and put them on the MM3. I am taking the truck in to a very reputable Trans Shop here and they are gonna look at it. If it's not the Trans then I am gonna try to get my money back from the Tuner and go with Ray at DRD.

DRD will fix you up with new tunes.

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

Yes the Trans is a 68RFE. I am aware of some shift flare but it seems like when it shifts from 3rd unlocks stumbles like it is confused Locks unlocks a few times and finally shift to fourth and does it another couple times and I hit the gas and then runs fine. I like I said earlier I am not a Transmission guy but I know this shift pattern is not right. Shifts fine when I go back to stock?

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Bad tuning friend. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Yes the Trans is a 68RFE. I am aware of some shift flare but it seems like when it shifts from 3rd unlocks stumbles like it is confused Locks unlocks a few times and finally shift to fourth and does it another couple times and I hit the gas and then runs fine. I like I said earlier I am not a Transmission guy but I know this shift pattern is not right. Shifts fine when I go back to stock?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

16. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

That's fine. I will be calling Ray and will have him set me up. If I had known he did the Emissions tune I would have gave him my business hands down. Thank you very much I appreciate your feedback back.

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

That's fine. I will be calling Ray and will have him set me up. If I had known he did the Emissions tune I would have gave him my business hands down. Thank you very much I appreciate your feedback back. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...67b3cb4607.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6e06bb16ff.jpg

Nice rig!!! Hope you get your problem fixed friend

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

20. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast