Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Help! Fuel pressure problem

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Help! Fuel pressure problem

Having a fuel pressure problem with my 2000 dodge ram 5.9. Has a bank turbo kit on it. My fuel pressure gauge only go's up to 15 and while driving gets down to about 8. Before at idle it was at 27 and in between shift it would get to about 20 while driving. I tapped the relay for it and it jump back to normal. So I replaced the relay and it worked for about 1 day and now the same problem?? Any advice would be great! Thanks.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

it mite be the gauge or the sender did you try a mech gauge?
    the VP pumps don't like pressure over 20psi so may want to back it down

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Tap the lift pump and see what happens?

What lift pump do you have in there?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

its pRobably a aiRdog LOL

diggerdave's rig...name bluedemon 2 2008 6.7 cummins

-bilstein 5100's all 5 shocks-fully deleted-greg weld ballistic rims w/35" nitto trail grappler shoes-7" canon stacks miters-H&S tuned -afe cai-iron cross front and rear bumper-buncha bd diesel parts

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDemon View Post
    its pRobably a aiRdog LOL
    Oh Please. I hope not. Getting ready to sue them

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Not sure what the pump it is. But I will find out tomorrow when I get back in town. Thanks for the help ill try tapping it and see what it does and check out my gauge. Will let you know.

7. Likes K-Sons liked this post