Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Cat Delete? Help

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Cat Delete? Help

I've got a raceme ultra and need to know if I have to delete the cat or will the raceme turn off the DPF functions after I do the DPF delete. Thanks Jon

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Cat Delete? Help

DPF and NoX will have to be removed. It’s not necessary to remove the cat. I’m assuming that you’re not installing a Turbo back exhaust.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

4. Thanks Jon thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I think that's right all I would like to do is get rid of the def and the egr. I'm not a wrench by any means. Do i need to disconnect any plugs on the cat?

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Replacing the exhaust from the turbo back is pretty easy. You will have to start by disconnecting anything plugged into the exhaust. I suggest going on YouTube and watching as many videos on the subject as you can. There are quite a few. I will put up a link that helped me locate most of the things that are plugged into the exhaust that will need to be unplugged.

I also bought the "Shibby plug kit" to cap everything off once unplugged.

8. Thanks Jon thanked for this post
    Likes Jon liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I’m not familiar with the 2013+ trucks with DEF so I’m not sure where the O2 sensors are and if the cat is on the downpipe or not but you will need a delete pipe to get rid of the other two filters. The delete pipe will be a few feet long and of course you’ll need to unplug anything that is plugged into the section that is being removed.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

10. Thanks Jon thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Jon liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I've got a raceme ultra and need to know if I have to delete the cat or will the raceme turn off the DPF functions after I do the DPF delete. Thanks Jon

Hey bud if you get the proper pipes it will remove everything that needs to be removed under the truck.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Thanks Jon thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, david3gen, Jon liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies I was trying to get away from removing the cat, I'm a sprightly 75 year old and these old knees are about useless. Might take some time but I'll get it done. Thanks again

14. Likes Ed's2013Ram3500, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Thanks for the replies I was trying to get away from removing the cat, I'm a sprightly 75 year old and these old knees are about useless. Might take some time but I'll get it done. Thanks again
    Good luck bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

16. Thanks Jon thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Got it done! Took a trip to northern Indiana and averaged just over 24mpg running 75+ mostly interstate, I'm a happy camper. Now to remove the egr junk. Thank to everyone for all the info.

18. Likes Dwelsh, walla2k5, Power247 liked this post