Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: 2012 2500 6.7 Manual- Truck won’t turn off

1. Top Of Page | #1

2012 2500 6.7 Manual- Truck won’t turn off

I’m new to this forum, I can google lots of problems and usually figure the issue out; I need some help on this one though...

I replaced the J14 fuse (20 A) in my 2012 2500 6.7 with 97,000K (roughly) and the next day my truck was running a little off, the day after I noticed the built in trailer brake was flashing CF followed by a dinging sound, when I went to shut the truck off, it wouldn’t turn off even with my key out. I wound up having to kill the engine.

I did a little research and got ahold of a nice service manager at the local dealership and he said to unplug the J13 fuse and it will reset the whole ECM. He said it could be just a quirk and needed to be rest; or if it happened again, the ECM was probably bad and needed to be replaced, he guesstimates $800 for the part. Well, 2 days later and I’m in the same boat! I called around to some other dealerships for some advice and of course, they can’t help me unless I bring it in.....

Before I take my truck to the dealership can anyone else chime in and give me other possible solutions??

Thanks in advance.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2012 2500 6.7 Manual- Truck won’t turn off

Quote Originally Posted by RSGibson17 View Post
    I’m new to this forum, I can google lots of problems and usually figure the issue out; I need some help on this one though...

I replaced the J14 fuse (20 A) in my 2012 2500 6.7 with 97,000K (roughly) and the next day my truck was running a little off, the day after I noticed the built in trailer brake was flashing CF followed by a dinging sound, when I went to shut the truck off, it wouldn’t turn off even with my key out. I wound up having to kill the engine.

I did a little research and got ahold of a nice service manager at the local dealership and he said to unplug the J13 fuse and it will reset the whole ECM. He said it could be just a quirk and needed to be rest; or if it happened again, the ECM was probably bad and needed to be replaced, he guesstimates $800 for the part. Well, 2 days later and I’m in the same boat! I called around to some other dealerships for some advice and of course, they can’t help me unless I bring it in.....

Before I take my truck to the dealership can anyone else chime in and give me other possible solutions??

Thanks in advance.....

Is your truck deleted?

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Likes RSGibson17, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

Yes

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

I also have a MM3 tuner, got it from Ray at Double R Diesel.

7. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

How long will it stay running? I have seen a few people find out they had a turbo timer from an issue like this. Does pressing the brake or opening the door do anything?

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

It’d run until It ran out of fuel if I let it.
    I’ve had my truck for 2 years, I’ve had the tuner for over a year. It’s nothing to do with my turbo, it literally just started about a week ago.. This is my every day driver; I repacked the J14 fuse and that seems to be what started this whole issue, it sounded funny the day after and then wham it wouldn’t turn off.....

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

No, opening the door or pressing the brake won’t make it turn off. I’ve wound up just killing it several times of doing trial and error to fix the problem. That’s when I called a local dealership and he told me about the ECM....

13. Likes walla2k5 liked this post