Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  51
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aisin Trans with drd tuning

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Aisin Trans with drd tuning

Hi, do you have any update to your experiences? I was reading a different thread that seemed to imply their experience was the AISIN would "learn" the new inputs over a period of time and improve with the new setting? >> https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...ht=aisin+68rfe

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

I was scared to go over 60 with my tuner with no studs but since then I’ve ran 200 many of times not towing and ran fine. A few weird shifts here and there with the aisin but overall holding up great. I tow a lot on 120 with 10k no issues. Maybe I’m messing up or just getting lucky??

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

[QUOTE=Outdoorsman91;135258]I was scared to go over 60 with my tuner with no studs but since then I’ve ran 200 many of times not towing and ran fine. A few weird shifts here and there with the aisin but overall holding up great. I tow a lot on 120 with 10k no issues. Maybe I’m messing up or just getting lucky?? oh and I still have no studs lol

6. Thanks 25-06 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Emisis, Thomas1960 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

I know this is and old post from January but I would like to know if you would share some info.

First I'm a lifetime member and I have a 2015 3500 Limited w/ Aisin.

Would you share what your setup is.

It sounds like you are running pretty good with the Aisin transmission and higher power settings.

I know I can't totally expect the same resilts but I would like to give it a shot.

Thanks

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Hello I have a 15 ram 3500 Dually with the Aisin. It will handle up to the 120hp setting with no issues. With the 200hp watch trans temps and watch for slipping on shifts. I also run around in tow mode as it holds the gears better on tall hills it can get a bit smoky before it down shifts if you done.

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

There is no tuning available for the AISIN, but I do believe that CVI values still need to relearn after a flash. Maybe reflash your tune and do a relearn on the transmission. RevMax outlined an intensive process for the 68RFE, not sure if it would apply to the AISIN but couldn't hurt to look into it.

12. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    There is no tuning available for the AISIN, but I do believe that CVI values still need to relearn after a flash. Maybe reflash your tune and do a relearn on the transmission. RevMax outlined an intensive process for the 68RFE, not sure if it would apply to the AISIN but couldn't hurt to look into it.
    @DRD I am also curious about this, please share your wisdom.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Deisel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    @DRD I am also curious about this, please share your wisdom.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CVI values inside the Aisin control module do not get reset after you flash the ecm on such equipped truck.

However, the Aisin does have adaptive learning as does most automatic transmissions and can take a little time adjust the shift quality as you change the power output of the engine.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12