Join us as a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  51
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aisin Trans with drd tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Aisin Trans with drd tuning

So I ordered my tuning through Ray. Everything went great. He helped with any silly( or not so silly questions. Ie why is it saying i need to press the clutch and push to start) i had.Easy installs if you take your time. I found the egr delete easier than the exhaust, but hey, I'm smaller and can lean over the engine with ease. My question is for the aisin tuned guys. I notice a TON of awkward shift points. Almost like it can't make up it's mind even after I input more throttle to try and gain a gear. Mind you this is usually done on flat ground. I haven't read much on any kind of re-learn, but this doesn't seem normal. Is its maybe more pronounced now that it's tuned even though it did it while stock? Also, not sure why I'm getting awful fuel mileage now. Almost like it's going into regen. I can be on flat road with the cruise set to 55 getting 20mpg, then one slight incline and I'm getting 10. And it's not just for a second, it's for a good 5 mile stretch. Almost like the truck is seeing regen mode.

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Thomas1960 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Aisin Trans with drd tuning

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Thomas1960 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family my friend! If you have the aisin there shouldn't be any relearn if im not mistaken. It should be how it was before tuning. Hm... Have you messaged ray about it? Could be a minor change he needs to do for ya.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK
    INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    Clayton@DudesDieselPerformance.com

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Thomas1960 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thank you! And no I have not contacted ray about this. I just came back to work for 2 weeks. After an hour long drive to the airport, it did seem to shift a smoother. I'm thinking it may that it's just more noticeable now that I can actually hear the engine. It doesn't feel like a slip, almost more of a hesitation between the shifts. I have read that the aisin is a bit slower shifting than the 68. Not sure how true that is.

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Thomas1960 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

What HP you running?

*Ask about becoming a Lifetime Platinum Member Today*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Thomas1960 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

It depends on the driving. In town i'll usually run a 90hp. Highway or towing I bump it down to 30.

12. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dallas15 View Post
    It depends on the driving. In town i'll usually run a 90hp. Highway or towing I bump it down to 30.
    Try running just the 30HP for a while and see what happens.

The Aisin gets goofy when you change HP levels.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

14. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I will give that a try. I'm not beating on the truck at 90. I just like the throttle feel a little more. I have been bouncing around between the 30, 60 and 90. Too scared to run the 120 until I stud. Also, I did notice that the trans shifts way better when it's cold(temps still below 80ish). And like I said, I may just be hearing the sound from the exhaust making it sound sloppy. It's not clunky or anything, just not a precise shift. Not sure if manually selecting gears would help at all. The truck tends to run in tow/haul mode quite a bit. When I look at the rpm gauge during a shift, ill watch it fall/ raise/ fall and then finally upshift.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I don't think you can change anything on the Aisin with a tuner, you can only get trans tuning with the 68RFE. Everything should be the same as far as your transmission goes. I could be wrong.

18. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Nothing can be tuned, but I was aware the aisin couldn't be tuned when I ordered ray's tuning. I just did a drain and fill at 40k. Everything seemed normal. Maybe I'm just overthinking things haha. I'm going to try running on the 30 horse for an extended period of time and see if that makes a difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast