Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Transmission

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Transmission

Have a 99, just had the transmission rebuilt and can’t get it to shift right. Need help on where to start with getting it dialed in. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Transmission

Quote Originally Posted by cattom View Post
    Have a 99, just had the transmission rebuilt and can’t get it to shift right. Need help on where to start with getting it dialed in. Thank you

Hi there. I'm assuming you have an automatic. I believe that would be a 518 trans. You need to be more specific about the shifting issues.

Do me a favor. quote this message so I know you responded

WELCOME

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Hi there. I'm assuming you have an automatic. I believe that would be a 518 trans. You need to be more specific about the shifting issues.

Do me a favor. quote this message so I know you responded

WELCOME
    Yep, it’s a automatic

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yep, it’s a automatic

It seems to be always hunting for a gear

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I believe it’s a 48RE I have a 97 and it’s the 47RE

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

It seems to be always hunting for a gear

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    I believe it’s a 48RE I have a 97 and it’s the 47RE
    SOS. 518 47 and 48 are the same mechanically. Just larger drums and different valve bodies.

I can't help him. I don't know what it's doing. My crystal Ball is at the cleaners

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Likes Power247, david3gen liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    SOS. 518 47 and 48 are the same mechanically. Just larger drums and different valve bodies.

I can't help him. I don't know what it's doing. My crystal Ball is at the cleaners
    You trip me out bro with your crystal ***** statement

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Likes Power247 liked this post