Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: 07 5.9 #6 injector line buzzing

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

07 5.9 #6 injector line buzzing

Ok newbie here needs help. Suppose to be leaving town this coming Friday morning and last night my truck started to make a "different" noise. I open my hood and used my mechanics stethoscope to track it down. Best description I can give you is a buzzing noise that I can actually feel on injector line #5. Its actually vibrating! The truck is not running any different, no warning lights on although possible the tail pipe is blacker then normal. Not sure about it. So anyone experience this before that can help me find out whats going on.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 07 5.9 #6 injector line buzzing

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks for the welcome - just edited my post as I was mistaken it is #5 line not #6
    Well while waiting for any help I kept on my internet search for answers. Found out about a common problem with #4 line breaking due to loose clamps. So I went out and checked my clamp and it was really loose so I tightened it along with the clamps on #2 ,3 & 4. There appears to be no clamps on #1 & 6. The noise is now gone but now I have a different question or actually two!
    1. Could not find a torque spec for tightening those clamps...anyone know what it might be???
    2. Should I be concerned that even though I don't have a crack at this moment that these lines have been compromised and should be replaced anyway???
    Ok one more
    3. If its is best to replace them where is the best place to pick up the new lines that offers good quility product at a fair price?

4. Likes david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam/ View Post
    Thanks for the welcome - just edited my post as I was mistaken it is #5 line not #6
    Well while waiting for any help I kept on my internet search for answers. Found out about a common problem with #4 line breaking due to loose clamps. So I went out and checked my clamp and it was really loose so I tightened it along with the clamps on #2 ,3 & 4. There appears to be no clamps on #1 & 6. The noise is now gone but now I have a different question or actually two!
    1. Could not find a torque spec for tightening those clamps...anyone know what it might be???
    2. Should I be concerned that even though I don't have a crack at this moment that these lines have been compromised and should be replaced anyway???
    Ok one more
    3. If its is best to replace them where is the best place to pick up the new lines that offers good quility product at a fair price?
    As far as those clamps are concerned, just common sense. Tight enough so they won't loosen again. I never condone over tightening

You can try @Geno'sgarage too. He's our first choice and a advertising vendor on the forum. I believe they are Cummins resellers. OR! You could go to a Cummins dealer for the replacement lines. Can't go wrong and 1/2 the price of the dealer.

I never heard a line buss before. How many miles on the truck?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Hi Polaraco, the truck has 124K so far

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Adam/ View Post
    Hi Polaraco, the truck has 124K so far
    Actually you are approaching injector time. Your injector could be just dirty too

This is what I strongly suggest. It decarbons the cylinders too

https://www.archoil.com/products/ar6400-fuel-system-cleaners

https://www.amazon.com/Archoil-AR6400-D-Professional-Cleaner-Gallons/dp/B072BWR7J3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1535304686&sr=8-1&keywords=AR6400&dpID=414339n26BL&preST=_SY300_QL 70_&dpSrc=srch

I also suggest the fuel additive. A little bit goes a long way. We have quite a few members using that and the friction modifier. They are an up and coming company

@DudesPerformanceDiesel

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks for the additional info I will look into it.