Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: i got issues

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

i got issues

I have a 2000 4x4 automatic, a few weeks a go the ABS & Brake light came on and stayed on, so naturally i changed the rear sensor (which broke into a million pieces) thinking that was the problem..... lights are still on. The brakes are working ok so I'm thinking nothing too major right. except now all of a sudden, driving down the road and my cruise control kicks off and my speedo quits. And to top it all off my water in fuel light starts coming on intermittenly along with a check engine light (p0234). i changed the fuel filter which was BLACK!!! and it was fine for about a week, now it's back to doing it again. if i stop the truck and turn the key off then back on the speedo works fine for a few miles/days. I don't know which if any of these things are related but i'm lost on where to start.

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Now driving home from work the alternator gauge went to zero, and it's not charging. This same thing happend a few moths back and i replaced the alternator fuse which didnt look bad to me but seemed to fix the problem. Soon after all the other problems started. Fuse didnt help this time. I have no idea what is going on!!!!

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Try an external regulator for the alternator. Its not generally the alternator that fails, but rather the internal regulator. I have a diagram I can put up here when I get home tonight if youw ould like. I believe I used a regulator off of an 88 dodge grand caravan, but that is written on my notes, and I am at work

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Anything to get me started would be much obliged, I'm wondering if this might be where most of my problems started. Could a bad alternator cause sensors to go haywire? ;

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

You'll have to get the codes. It's possible the speed sensor is shot

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I replaced the sensor on the rearend, but not the one on the tranny. The only codes i have been able to pull are p0234, p1682 and p1693. I did not replace the wiring harness with that sensor though. What kind of readings should i be getting at these sensors with my multimeter?