Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Fellow Devil Dogs!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fellow Devil Dogs!

New member here; was active from 95-03, 7011 Expeditionary Airfields/ARFF. Married a Marine (20 years and still going!) and have nurtured a litter of Devil Pups for the past 18yrs!
    On my second modified Cummins (06' 2500 now a 16' 3500 DRW); thank goodness my little Drill Instructor approves of my expenditures! Sure miss the camaraderie though, can't find it in the civilian sector, so I search for it elsewhere.

In case anyone is curious about my user tag, part of it was my call sign on the airfield "Jinx" bestowed upon me by my first CO, as I always managed to get myself into the wrong place at exactly the right time! LOL!!
    I was always in the middle of some catastrophe, "Never before situations" and the like... and has stuck with me ever since. The 999s was added to commemorate my first and last Ducati motorcycle. (Never again!)HA!

Look forward to the conversations and overall forum interactions with fellow Marines and Cummins enthusiasts!

Semper Fi

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Power247, Justawelder liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fellow Devil Dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx999s View Post
    New member here; was active from 95-03, 7011 Expeditionary Airfields/ARFF. Married a Marine (20 years and still going!) and have nurtured a litter of Devil Pups for the past 18yrs!
    On my second modified Cummins (06' 2500 now a 16' 3500 DRW); thank goodness my little Drill Instructor approves of my expenditures! Sure miss the camaraderie though, can't find it in the civilian sector, so I search for it elsewhere.

In case anyone is curious about my user tag, part of it was my call sign on the airfield "Jinx" bestowed upon me by my first CO, as I always managed to get myself into the wrong place at exactly the right time! LOL!!
    I was always in the middle of some catastrophe, "Never before situations" and the like... and has stuck with me ever since. The 999s was added to commemorate my first and last Ducati motorcycle. (Never again!)HA!

Look forward to the conversations and overall forum interactions with fellow Marines and Cummins enthusiasts!

Semper Fi

Awesome back story my friend. We greatly appreciate your service.

Never again???Why the heck not? haha It doesnt matter what kind of bike it is and long as i can ride when i get time.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Awesome back story my friend. We greatly appreciate your service.

Never again???Why the heck not? haha It doesnt matter what kind of bike it is and long as i can ride when i get time.
    That Duc cost me more than a boat to maintain! Belts/valve adjustments/ohlins shock valve adjustments, open clutches and ECM issues plagued that thing (they "Ducati" considered it normal!... I think it was Jinxed! LOL!
    Sat for almost a year in the garage, started monthly and when time came to take it out for a leg stretch, ended up costing me $3,400 to make it right! Stuck this, out of spec that...etc. etc.
    I've owned numerous bikes over the years (Goldwing, RC51, CBR900RR, Super Tenere, CB750, Superhawk, R1 to mention a few) and nothing, absolutely nothing, comes close to how big of a maintenance whore that thing was! Okay.. i'm winded now. LOL!

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

That Duc cost me more than a boat to maintain! Belts/valve adjustments/ohlins shock valve adjustments, open clutches and ECM issues plagued that thing (they "Ducati" considered it normal!... I think it was Jinxed! LOL!
    Sat for almost a year in the garage, started monthly and when time came to take it out for a leg stretch, ended up costing me $3,400 to make it right! Stuck this, out of spec that...etc. etc.
    I've owned numerous bikes over the years (Goldwing, RC51, CBR900RR, Super Tenere, CB750, Superhawk, R1 to mention a few) and nothing, absolutely nothing, comes close to how big of a maintenance whore that thing was! Okay.. i'm winded now. LOL!

LOL ok point proven. I won't ever drool over one again!

I had a cbr600rr and still miss that thing. I have a harley street glide now which i love to death but man is it slow. Which is probably a good thing i guess LOL!

You own any bikes now? I see your in dallas so may have to meet up one day! Im making myself take some extra time on the weekends for myself LOL.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

LOL ok point proven. I won't ever drool over one again!

I had a cbr600rr and still miss that thing. I have a harley street glide now which i love to death but man is it slow. Which is probably a good thing i guess LOL!

You own any bikes now? I see your in dallas so may have to meet up one day! Im making myself take some extra time on the weekends for myself LOL.
    I'm selling my last one, a Yamaha Super Tenere, mint condition. It's at Lewisville PowerSports on consignment... shattered my left humerus 3 years ago on my YZ250 (pretending to be evil knievel LOL!) and still have radial nerve damage. Wife was "very" specific about ending my riding days. Sad as it is, I have to concede to her request and accept reality.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I'm selling my last one, a Yamaha Super Tenere, mint condition. It's at Lewisville PowerSports on consignment... shattered my left humerus 3 years ago on my YZ250 (pretending to be evil knievel LOL!) and still have radial nerve damage. Wife was "very" specific about ending my riding days. Sad as it is, I have to concede to her request and accept reality.
    Well that aint no fun at all! Either way we can still get together LOL. Can talk bikes and trucks for sure.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Well that aint no fun at all! Either way we can still get together LOL. Can talk bikes and trucks for sure.
    Sounds good, need to set aside the time and schedule a meet and greet!

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Semper Fi
    Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Semper Fi
    Thank you for your service, takes a special person to serve this nation. Trick emblem on the tailgate, digging it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Justawelder View Post
    Thank you for your service, takes a special person to serve this nation. Trick emblem on the tailgate, digging it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I always wanted something different, so the EGA was made to mimic the Dodge emblem location. The truck has been de-badged to be a clean slate for other things forthcoming, plus I like the clean shaven style..