Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23

Thread: Window Tint

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Window Tint

Just got a ticket for the window tint on my truck today. I have 5% over factory on the rear, 20 on the front and 45 on the windshield. Is the new 35 on the front windows going to look dumb and should a put a brow on my windshield?
    I live in North Carolina.4B09329F-8EDF-4F95-9129-445EFC882DCA.jpg

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Window Tint

Quote Originally Posted by BaucomCameron View Post
    Just got a ticket for the window tint on my truck today. I have 5% over factory on the rear, 20 on the front and 45 on the windshield. Is the new 35 on the front windows going to look dumb and should a put a brow on my windshield?
    I live in North Carolina.4B09329F-8EDF-4F95-9129-445EFC882DCA.jpg
    In N.C. you can have the rear window as dark as you want on trucks.
    Cars you can only have legal tint. I have 55 on my windshield and 35 on the front door windows and added 35 on the rear window over the factory tint.
    If you do a brow you can only put it to the marks at the top of your windshield which isn’t very much coverage.
    Fortunately my front windshield you really can’t tell it’s tinted unless they put a meter on it because my interior is tan so it lightens it up on the inside. LOL
    I hate you got a ticket for your tint. Tint is not cheap to have it installed..

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I had 35% added all around except the windshield and you can tell the front windows are lighter than the back but it still looks good to me. Much better than no tint.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Just an FYI.
    Have 20% on front (my state says to dark) and Limo on everything in the back on all I own. If you install darker than your state allows, don't break the law. I don't speed, blow smoke and so on, and have never been pulled over yet. But a friend of mine likes warp drive while going down the highway and is close to loosing his licences. And has always been hit on his tints.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I as well have a little darker tint on the front then 35. I always get the front to what the rear from factory usually is. you can still see in but not as easily as 35 would be. No issues yet

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have 35% all around + the factory tint on the rear windows I think it looks good. 35% is the max legal for the front windows where I live. Back can be painted black if you want but I like to be able to see

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I vote yes for brow- I had them do a straight line across so it doesn't arch up in the middle..It is even with the small patch of spots by the rear view mirror so a little below the AS1 line. I still cant see it with my hat on so the AS1 line seems high to me. I haven't had issues or been stopped for anything......knock on wood. It does make a noticeable difference in heat/sunlight entering the cab down here in TX. I did 5% tint

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post