Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 68RFE Builder?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

68RFE Builder?

I am looking for a builder for my 68 rfe I have everything I need and trans is still working.. but with more power in the plans trans first ! I have triple disc, billet flexplate, billet input,billet sprag, sonnax od drum,rev max 2,4c upgrade,alto clutches with 2c 4c powerpacks, Ats trans brace and seal kit ... trans already has bd deep pan,bd protect 68... I want to help build it! Disabled and have done others but haven’t been through the 68 lacking confidence.. have a travel trailer so can travel ..not able to work so time is not a factor!! Any help please chime in !! God bless and thanks brother .. Mike

I can do all things in Christ who gives me strength!!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE Builder?

Check out on you tube 68RFE transmission rebuild by Hiram Gutierrez. his video walks u by it. I has not done transmissions since muscle car era.Now I am confident about doing a rebuild again. By the way you have a nice supply of replacement parts already ,where did you get them?
    Good luck on the rebuild. I hope to do mine next spring>

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

OP, how much power are you planning on putting through your 68? 750 at the tires is pretty much the ceiling for a built 68RFE to safely handle and still be considered reliable.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

You can't go wrong with a BD transmission. Nobody ever complains about theirs. Talk to @Dude's Diesel Performance about it

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    You can't go wrong with a BD transmission. Nobody ever complains about theirs. Talk to @Dude's Diesel Performance about it
    Thank you for the mention bud!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I think it can handle more but it has to deal with limiting of torque through the right programming... and last year Revmax was running 1300 hp and I was wondering how that went I think it held up ... the right parts and programming go along way!! It’s usually the loose but that sits in the seat Is the main reason it fails.. you have to know how to drive it and use it... planning to get to 900 on mine one day but a solid 650 with the right tune will probably be enough??*?? It’s an addiction but I don’t want to loose driveability or be at the point stuff is breaking all of the time! That fine line between crazy.. and stupid LOL