Quote Originally Posted by Boycocmd View Post
I just bought a 2012 3500 with an H&S mini maxx installed. This is my 4th cummins since '91 but my first 6.7 and I've NO experience with tuners.

This is essentially my understanding on the status of my truck how I bought it. Note - no emissions testing required in my county:

The egr cooler has been removed and blocked off as well as the egr valve and the DPF filter removed from the exhaust and a straight pipe installed from the turbo back.

The egr and DPF system is deleted using the mini maxx, basically full delete.

I've driven the truck about 500 miles so far and runs great, but gets poor fuel mileage with mini maxx set on STOCK. 14mpg highway,
and 10mpg pulling an EMPTY 4-horse stock trailer that I can't even feel behind me but apparently the truck knows its there! Tuner set on STOCK. The guy I bought the truck from says he recommends I always leave the tuner set on STOCK even when pulling a trailer. Don't know why.

Anyway, ANY input would be appreciated. Should I set the tuner on TOW when towing? Anything else I should know? Again, I've got zero experience with tuners, but I am interested in good fuel mileage when not towing, and extra power when I need it when towing. That's it! I will frequently tow a 33' 8900lb fifth-wheel toy hauler.

I did find the manual for the tuner online, but it didn't help me.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
What would you like to know? I did the beta testing of it's bigger brother the Black Max, which came out first. In it's day, they were the leader in tuners and probably still would be if it wasn't for our Beloved EPA. They shut down the tuner biz about 6 years ago now.

If you want to go to an MM3, this joker below is your man. He's got all kinds of shtuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
Hey bud, welcome to the family. You will be fine putting the tuner on tow for towing. Just don't floor board the heck out of it. When i ran mini max on my truck i would run on the full 175hp tune but with that being said i would be super careful when doing so. I wouldn't tow, wouldn't pass people hard, but i also was running 35's.

Just use common sense when bumping up the tuner levels. The higher you go the more lighter on the throttle you need to be.