Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: CSP5 switch not switching tunes?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

CSP5 switch not switching tunes?

Not sure if this is in the right section...if not, Mods please move.

New to the forum. I searched but didn’t really come up with what I was looking for.

GF just bought an 08 6.7 that supposedly has efi live with a csp5 switch. Only other mods are egr delete, cold air and 5” exhaust. Dealer did not have any information on who the tunes were by.

I have tried the switch but it seems that it doesn’t really do anything. Either they are very mild tunes or it is not working. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe this truck is able to do on-the-fly?

I have heard trucks with efi and anytime someone has switched tunes, normally you can hear a difference in idle with each switch? When I turn the switch on this truck I hear nothing. Also, as far as power goes, I can almost believe it might just be in my head that changing the switch is giving it more.( you can’t tell a whole lot of difference)

I have seen where you can pull the switch and check the led on the backside to see if it is flashing each time you turn the switch. I haven’t tried this yet. Is there any other way to verify it’s working besides buying a autocal or something?

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: CSP5 switch not switching tunes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_DZL View Post
    Not sure if this is in the right section...if not, Mods please move.

New to the forum. I searched but didn’t really come up with what I was looking for.

GF just bought an 08 6.7 that supposedly has efi live with a csp5 switch. Only other mods are egr delete, cold air and 5” exhaust. Dealer did not have any information on who the tunes were by.

I have tried the switch but it seems that it doesn’t really do anything. Either they are very mild tunes or it is not working. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe this truck is able to do on-the-fly?

I have heard trucks with efi and anytime someone has switched tunes, normally you can hear a difference in idle with each switch? When I turn the switch on this truck I hear nothing. Also, as far as power goes, I can almost believe it might just be in my head that changing the switch is giving it more.( you can’t tell a whole lot of difference)

I have seen where you can pull the switch and check the led on the backside to see if it is flashing each time you turn the switch. I haven’t tried this yet. Is there any other way to verify it’s working besides buying a autocal or something?
    Get rid of that BS EFI is junk and get the MM3 tuner and custom tunes from Ray at DRD best tuning platform hands down

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

My brother was having this same problem two weeks ago bud. We knew because his tunes are certainly far from mild. What we did is pull the switch out of the dash and open it up so we could see the controll board attached to the switch. on the back of this board is a led diode far too small to see. As you change positions on the knob the diode should flash that position I'd. (1-5 flashes) I am about 95 percent certain it's a blue diode. And btw i have 20-20 vision and could not see the diode at all.
    Anyways we took the switch apart and this revealed two flimsy silver prongs and a few contact pads. We cleaned these and straitened the bent prong put it back together and plugged it in and the diode started responding correctly along with the efi live. Took about 20 mins plus the trip to lowes for a set of micro Allen's. Should also mention we regressed using a super light air tool grease and stretched the silver prongs down some to acct. For compression

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post