Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  32
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bd 68RFE transmission

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Bd 68RFE transmission

Thought I’d update everyone!! I finally got to tow heavy with my truck since trans. I am very happy it felt great every shift. I pulled my 30’ gooseneck ruffly 6000# with a 98 Chevy extended cab 4x4 on it so I figured it around 12,000 pounds total. It was 250 north of where I live 200 miles of 4 lane running 70mph never shifted down for any hills temps for trans never went over 174 egt temps 900 max 1080 on one hill 150 hp tune. I also got 12.4 mpg loaded and 13.2empty no wind headed north but a 10mph wind when coming home just trailer. From all research I’ve read everyone always saying watch trans temps and egt temps that is why I left the tune alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2015 ram 2500 Laramie amp steps line x the box 18" outlaw wheels bfg rigid terrain tires raceme ultra sinister egr delete flopro pipe

2. Thanks BrentM thanked for this post
    Likes BrentM liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

That is good info... I will be looking for a built trans one day as well I am sure. I don't know if you mess around with youtube but I would love to see some videos of how the truck shifts. Specifically how it behaves in heavy traffic in town.

For instance if you are rolling along at 45 mph and then simply take your foot off of the throttle and coast what happens? My truck will basically shift itself into neutral. RPMS go to idle and I am just rolling along like that until I either get back on the throttle or come to a stop. Does it in tow haul and in regular mode. I hate that, really don't want it doing that in Tow/Haul.

Does you BD trans act that way as well?

4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aj Grubb View Post
    That is good info... I will be looking for a built trans one day as well I am sure. I don't know if you mess around with youtube but I would love to see some videos of how the truck shifts. Specifically how it behaves in heavy traffic in town.

For instance if you are rolling along at 45 mph and then simply take your foot off of the throttle and coast what happens? My truck will basically shift itself into neutral. RPMS go to idle and I am just rolling along like that until I either get back on the throttle or come to a stop. Does it in tow haul and in regular mode. I hate that, really don't want it doing that in Tow/Haul.

Does you BD trans act that way as well?
    If I have engine break and tow haul mode on it works allot more aggressive slowing you down with no break

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2015 ram 2500 Laramie amp steps line x the box 18" outlaw wheels bfg rigid terrain tires raceme ultra sinister egr delete flopro pipe

5. Likes BrentM liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Good info... thanks for the updates!
    Do you find that it takes a bit to relearn when towing heavy and then empty? Mine seems a little herky jerky when swapping back and forth. (stock trans with BD Protect Plate)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123