Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IAT Issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

IAT Issue

Have a 2016, fully deleted and 2nd gen swap with a S467.7, completed 2 weeks ago. Check engine light with a P0111 code, IAT performance issue. Cleared DTC with onboarding RaceMe Ultra on 4 occasions. Reading was at 146 degrees at idle and when CEL came on it spiked to over 350 degrees! Almost like a short, cycle would repeat after clearing the CEL. Checked wiring and all is good. Replaced IAT sensor with an O'Reillys version and then boost would show 6psi with just the ignition on, but IAT temps normalized!??? Switched back to the purportedly bad IAT and boost normalized to 0 at key on and idle, but IAT temp was again back at 146 degrees with just key on and at 155 idling? I've disconnected batteries to reset ECM and reloaded the custom tune... I'm at a loss on this, any suggestions out there?

I'm also about 100 miles from home!

Last edited by Jinx999s; 08-18-2018 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Update

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: IAT Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx999s View Post
    Have a 2016, fully deleted and 2nd gen swap with a S467.7, completed 2 weeks ago. Check engine light with a P0111 code, IAT performance issue. Cleared DTC with onboarding RaceMe Ultra on 4 occasions. Reading was at 146 degrees at idle and when CEL came on it spiked to over 350 degrees! Almost like a short, cycle would repeat after clearing the CEL. Checked wiring and all is good. Replaced IAT sensor with an O'Reillys version and then boost would show 6psi with just the ignition on, but IAT temps normalized!??? Switched back to the purportedly bad IAT and boost normalized to 0 at key on and idle, but IAT temp was again back at 146 degrees with just key on and at 155 idling? I've disconnected batteries to reset ECM and reloaded the custom tune... I'm at a loss on this, any suggestions out there?

I'm also about 100 miles from home!

Hey bud, who did you buy your tuning from and your second gen swap?

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

2nd gen setup from Wehrli Custom Fabrication and programming from elevated calibrations.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I contacted the programmer and he doesn't really know why it's doing what it's doing. It's almost like a sensor issue... but could be something else all together. Not my first nodded cummins, but I'm in new territory on this one.

5. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Hey bud, who did you buy your tuning from and your second gen swap?
    I was hoping for a follow up, or some insight, was there something wrong with my response?

7. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I was hoping for a follow up, or some insight, was there something wrong with my response?
    No sir nothing wrong with your response at all. i apologize as when i don't get tagged it's hard for me to find responses because we get so many ya know? Quoting and tagging makes my notifications light up.

The only reason we ask who you bought everything from is it helps us understand and diagnose the issue better. Normally alot of the issues can be fixed by the tuner or the manufacture you bought the parts from.

Also we ask sometimes so we ourselves can contact them to further help and diagnose.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Thanks timshooter40 thanked for this post
    Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

No sir nothing wrong with your response at all. i apologize as when i don't get tagged it's hard for me to find responses because we get so many ya know? Quoting and tagging makes my notifications light up.

The only reason we ask who you bought everything from is it helps us understand and diagnose the issue better. Normally alot of the issues can be fixed by the tuner or the manufacture you bought the parts from.

Also we ask sometimes so we ourselves can contact them to further help and diagnose.
    Understand... I've now replaced the sensor and verified they are good, but 20miles into a trip, same thing occurs. I visually watch the IAM-T temperature and it jumps from 140's to over 325 instantly and trips a CEL. It went back down to 144ish over 5min and then same thing occurs. Any ideas?

11. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I haven't been around much either. You were fine. Unfortunately, I can't help you with this one. I'm not that good on the 4th gens. @F350Cummins won't let me tear his truck apart to learn on either. Probably because he'd have to put it back together. LOL

Welcome

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Likes david3gen, timshooter40 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

UPDATE - The programmer has recompiled the .ecu file to exclude some EGR provision that could be culprit in all this. Going to load the file and have to wait till this weekend before I can do another long run to test it out.

15. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

@Jinx999s i have the same setup as you and am having the same issue. Did you ever resolve this? Was it tuning or something else?

17. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast