Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  38
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help U010C

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Need help U010C

Quote Originally Posted by nibs75 View Post
    I've scoured the web with nothing other than most people that get the U010C end up getting a new actuator or entire turbo w/actuator. I don't think most "needed" the new turbo, but many decided to just go aftermarket to avoid future issues. I left my EB off today and drove around 50mi total, mixed city/hwy with no CEL. I'm planning to leave the EB off the rest of the week and see if CEL comes back. If not, I'll turn it back on, and see if it comes back. I'm guessing, regardless of EB on/off I will get the CEL again in the near future, and will end up replacing the actuator. I'll try to keep updating.
    Yeah I drove around for a little over a month before it finally went into limp mode and I just switched to a mechanical turbo

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Got the code again yesterday. Had to make a 4hour round trip. First was the U1449, then came U010C again. I guess I'll order an actuator tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

The truck is stiff running fine, with the boost.

Pulled our boat for the season today and truck doesn't run like there is an issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I have been having the same problem.

I need help with it at well.

Replaced the actuator and it is still throwing the code lost communication with the turbo charger after I a few miles of driving.

Also the exhaust brake isn’t working.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Did you install your self?

Did you get it calibrated?

All OEM actuators need calibration which is why every one here recommends @Geno's Garage.

I unplugged my actuator back In October it’s runs decent but not ideal.

It’ll do until I order one from Geno's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

Just a wild guess.

From what I am seeing in this thread, I am betting that over several heat cool cycles the lead free solder is cracking ( it's one if many problems with lead free ) on the PCB.

Then it heats up and the crack makes contact but slowly gets worse till eventually it's kaput.

Xbox 360 rod was one of the most known cases, but many things suffer from this, generally called micro cracks, I had to fix a abs module on my 98 Volvo due to this.

Now this is just conjecture, until someone would pull the PCB and look it over/ attempt repairs.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123