Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  38
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help U010C

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Need help U010C

CanBus glitches? Nahhhh LOL

Back in 07.5 to 09, it seemed like every truck had a personality of it's own. You could program 2 trucks with the exact same tune. One would be problematic and one wouldn't. Could be the case here too

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    Did that this morning. He said to disconnect the batteries for 10 minutes and reconnect. Also said that the actuator/ speed sensor cpuld be going out. Or a loose wire/connector

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    So, what did you find out? Have the same problem, intermittent U010C code.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by markam View Post
    So, what did you find out? Have the same problem, intermittent U010C code.
    It was probably the actuator going out; but i went ahead and switch to an industrial injection silver bullet 64 and havent had any problems since

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Western View Post
    It was probably the actuator going out; but i went ahead and switch to an industrial injection silver bullet 64 and havent had any problems since

Not an option for me.

I'm in California!

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Well, not certain how long I've had this code, but noticed it yesterday. My CEL comes on somewhat frequently for Exhaust Pressure sensor something or other.. and I've kinda gotten too used to ignoring it. Yesterday I decided to clear the code, and when I checked, I also had U010C and also U1449: Implausible ERS Message Received. I thought that sounded interesting.. but I cleared them and this morning both returned about 10minutes into my commute. '13 2500 (171k miles) is running fine. I cleared the coded again, and turned off my EB earlier today. Drove about an hour this evening with no CEL.. I'm guessing it will come back tomorrow, but was not sure if leaving the EB off has any effect. I found some threads on TDR that talk about replacement actuator for ~$500 or less and as high as $1000.. just for the part. GRR.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nibs75 View Post
    Well, not certain how long I've had this code, but noticed it yesterday. My CEL comes on somewhat frequently for Exhaust Pressure sensor something or other.. and I've kinda gotten too used to ignoring it. Yesterday I decided to clear the code, and when I checked, I also had U010C and also U1449: Implausible ERS Message Received. I thought that sounded interesting.. but I cleared them and this morning both returned about 10minutes into my commute. '13 2500 (171k miles) is running fine. I cleared the coded again, and turned off my EB earlier today. Drove about an hour this evening with no CEL.. I'm guessing it will come back tomorrow, but was not sure if leaving the EB off has any effect. I found some threads on TDR that talk about replacement actuator for ~$500 or less and as high as $1000.. just for the part. GRR.
    It seems like your actuator is starting to go out sadly but it has lasted a long time compared to most

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Yeah, everything I've read tonight points to that. I've got a trip planned end of October that is 220miles each way, pulling ~ 14klb toy hauler. I also daily the truck, and cannot really afford to pay dealership fees to fix. Seems like If I can figure out how to ensure it is the actuator, I can buy a reman one for ~$650-$700 and use AlfaOBD to calibrate and install myself. I'd just like to be 100% certain that is the issue. Any diagnostics that can be done on actuator, or other things that should be checked?

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nibs75 View Post
    Yeah, everything I've read tonight points to that. I've got a trip planned end of October that is 220miles each way, pulling ~ 14klb toy hauler. I also daily the truck, and cannot really afford to pay dealership fees to fix. Seems like If I can figure out how to ensure it is the actuator, I can buy a reman one for ~$650-$700 and use AlfaOBD to calibrate and install myself. I'd just like to be 100% certain that is the issue. Any diagnostics that can be done on actuator, or other things that should be checked?
    Im with you on that 100% I personally dont know any other way of checking it but maybe one of the other guys here does

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

i would be interested to know if there is a way to check the actuator myself.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I've scoured the web with nothing other than most people that get the U010C end up getting a new actuator or entire turbo w/actuator. I don't think most "needed" the new turbo, but many decided to just go aftermarket to avoid future issues. I left my EB off today and drove around 50mi total, mixed city/hwy with no CEL. I'm planning to leave the EB off the rest of the week and see if CEL comes back. If not, I'll turn it back on, and see if it comes back. I'm guessing, regardless of EB on/off I will get the CEL again in the near future, and will end up replacing the actuator. I'll try to keep updating.

20. Likes watersupply189, Western liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast