Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help diagnosing

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Need help diagnosing

Quote Originally Posted by Jvoelker View Post
    I know. I was excited when I saw they are working on a 3rd Gen 6.7! As far as the lift pump goes, I haven't thought to check it. Mainly because I only have this issue once or twice a day. Wouldn't a lift pump be a continuous problem?
    No some times the lift pump will start to not be working correctly intermittently and sometimes it just quits working all together no rhyme or reason good luck fixing it

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

2. Thanks Jvoelker thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jvoelker View Post
    Ok, I need the help of all you gurus! 07.5 2500 G56 deleted w/ 5" TBE and a MiniMAXX 202k miles. Little bit of background...truck runs and drive normal, no unusual smoking or hazing, EGTs are consistenet and the DP reading on the MiniMAXX doesn't climb above 15 PSI. I've been starting to hear one loud "pop" coming from the turbo area. It started making this noise on the highway with the engine at operating temp and the cruise set at 70. It would only happen about once a week or so, but it's progressively becoming more frequent. It's now happening about once a trip and now it's not just at cruising speed. It'll still only pop once and be fine, but it's got me puzzled. Yesterday I rechecked my turbo shaft play and manifold gaskets and noticed cyl 1, 2, and 5 appear to have gaskets starting to separate. So on to the my question, other than the fact it has 202k miles, what could realistically cause exhaust gaskets to separate and start leaking?
    Return the truck back to stock tune and try it

Back in the day, H & S had a problem with turbo farts. if that fixes the problem, reprogram back to the tune. Make sure your batteries are up to snuff too. Very common problem with tuners, especially the MM3

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Likes walla2k5, david3gen, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Return the truck back to stock tune and try it

Back in the day, H & S had a problem with turbo farts. if that fixes the problem, reprogram back to the tune. Make sure your batteries are up to snuff too. Very common problem with tuners, especially the MM3
    I'll give that a shot and see if that helps. Thanks.

6. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

So I've got all my gaskets ordered and I plan to pull the manifold and turbo over the Labor Day weekend. My thoughts are, clean the turbo up a little, inspect it for excessive wear, and replace manifold gaskets. Do you think it would hurt to open up the exhaust manifold a little bit while it's out? Nothing major, just a small port job finished off with a hone. I don't really have the coin for a new turbo and manifold right now and I don't want to buy an aftermarket manifold until I get ready to swap the turbo. I know it probably sounds like a waste of time, but if it can't hurt, why not?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12