Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Gauge selection to see how the engine is doing

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Gauge selection to see how the engine is doing

I have a 3rd gen and I want to know out of these, what three is most important and why?: boost, tranny temp, exhaust gas temp, fuel pressure. I have an auto trans. And if I didnt list some please tell me. I want to know the most important to have. I can only choose three right now, but I would like to have insight for me and anybody else

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

for me I did the egt, trans temp,and boost first
    egt so when a guy gets playing or towing he don't burn up the engine
    trans temp same thing towing and playing don't want it getting to hot or your going to need more money
    and boost is good to make sure your getting the air if egts get crazy suddenly and first sign you got a air leek

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I would get the edge CTS screen You can monitor anything that is monitored by the computer. The only extra thing that you would have to buy is the EGT probe. I have one on my 2008 and love it. Just my opinon.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mdcdrift View Post
    I have a 3rd gen and I want to know out of these, what three is most important and why?: boost, tranny temp, exhaust gas temp, fuel pressure. I have an auto trans. And if I didnt list some please tell me. I want to know the most important to have. I can only choose three right now, but I would like to have insight for me and anybody else
    Out if the three you've given me to choose from I'd say tranny temp number one no matter what because of your auto. Exhaust temp. I don't one so I have to wait between 5-6 minutes to be safe it's cooled down. And fuel pressure. You start modding, you're gunna watch fuel pressure. Sometime you don't even have to mod and your lift pump can poop the bed and you'll be replacing the motor.

Tag us @ #igotacummins_com to have your photos reposted.

5. Likes K-Sons liked this post