Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Stripped Carli track bar

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Stripped Carli track bar

So I hit a big bump got death wobbles yesturday and now my steering has been horrible driving it to the shop. Shop called me and said the track bar snapped in half. I drove up and checked it out and a mechanic that said he didn't work on it was still there after they closed and we both crawled under it and he said it just looked stripped. I called Carli and the guy rudly said if it stripped out it was installation error and wasn't warrantied. I am friends with the shop owner that installed the bar and I called him and explained to him everything and he said he installed it probably two years ago if it was installation error it wouldn't take two years to break. So at this point I'm out all the money on a Carli track bar. What are my options or what does anyone recommend. Maybe a different company that'll stand behind there product? Thanks in advance.

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

2. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Stripped Carli track bar

Quote Originally Posted by DcLOLinger View Post
    So I hit a big bump got death wobbles yesturday and now my steering has been horrible driving it to the shop. Shop called me and said the track bar snapped in half. I drove up and checked it out and a mechanic that said he didn't work on it was still there after they closed and we both crawled under it and he said it just looked stripped. I called Carli and the guy rudly said if it stripped out it was installation error and wasn't warrantied. I am friends with the shop owner that installed the bar and I called him and explained to him everything and he said he installed it probably two years ago if it was installation error it wouldn't take two years to break. So at this point I'm out all the money on a Carli track bar. What are my options or what does anyone recommend. Maybe a different company that'll stand behind there product? Thanks in advance.
    Check with Clayton at DDP he may be able to help you

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Check with Clayton at DDP he may be able to help you

Thanks Mr. Dan! Your the man!

I am very sorry to hear of your mishap my friend. Especially with Carli. I have spoken with those guys many times and havent heard of anything too negative. Doesn't mean it's not there though.

If you do decide to go with a different company i would go with Thuren. I talk with them often and they are always helpful in every possible way. They are hard to get a hold of sometimes as they are a small operation but it's well worth it.

Not sure if you have heard of thuren but they are just as good if not better then carli. I am a dealer for them and will gladly get ya hooked up with their products. If something happens to the the products they more then likely already know what caused it. They beat the heck out of these trucks constantly so they have just about seen it all. Some of their testing vids they have shown me makes me cringe.... LOL!

I'll shoot you a pm bud.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes walla2k5, david3gen, Jaxonsram liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I'll second the suggestion of going with a Thuren track bar. These things are beef and I couldn't be happier.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

8. Likes david3gen, Jaxonsram liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies guys I thought I was doing a solid going with Carli originally but not impressed LOL. Appreciate the help as always.

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

10. Likes walla2k5, Jaxonsram liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Hey man, greetings from across the bridge in Superior!

Are you still rolling around in that same Cummins truck, and how have the DRD tunes treated you for the last year or so?

I'm thinking about getting Double R to tune mine with an MM3.

I just noticed your location, wonder if there are any others here in twin ports using Double R tunes.

I don't know of anybody in this town here with a tuned Cummins.