Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CEL P0341 & P1893

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

CEL P0341 & P1893

Just got son's '01 Ram 2500 back from the transmission rebuild and have CEL. Truck ran fine on the 35 mile drive home from the tranny shop.

Codes are:
    P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor Performance
    P1693 Companion code

Local Cummins Service Center has the sensor (Part # 49215970) for $64
    Service manual doesn't really give a good drawing of where it is located, even the drawing on Geno's garage isn't great, but from all the reading I have done, it's a real PITA to get to.

Anyone ever changed a Camshaft Position sensor? Tips or Tricks would be appreciated.

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

2. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: CEL P0341 & P1893

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    Just got son's '01 Ram 2500 back from the transmission rebuild and have CEL. Truck ran fine on the 35 mile drive home from the tranny shop.

Codes are:
    P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor Performance
    P1693 Companion code

Local Cummins Service Center has the sensor (Part # 49215970) for $64
    Service manual doesn't really give a good drawing of where it is located, even the drawing on Geno's garage isn't great, but from all the reading I have done, it's a real PITA to get to.

Anyone ever changed a Camshaft Position sensor? Tips or Tricks would be appreciated.
    Yes but that was on a 06. It was a bit tricky but i found a video on youtube on how to make it a bit easier. See if you can find a vid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    Yes but that was on a 06. It was a bit tricky but i found a video on youtube on how to make it a bit easier. See if you can find a vid
    I found a couple, but even they aren't that great.
    The best one I can find is this one:

Does the sensor run parallel to the block? If so, I think I found it.
    Will check wiring harness 1st, just had the power steering pump tightened up before the trans work. It had come loose and was missing a bolt... oil everywhere under there

6. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Will check wiring harness 1st, just had the power steering pump tightened up before the trans work. It had come loose and was missing a bolt... oil everywhere under there
    It looks like its parallel to the block. Seems like the sensor is on the same place as my 06.

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

8. Thanks 4kids2dogs&RV thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

It looks like its parallel to the block. Seems like the sensor is on the same place as my 06.

Yup, that's what i thought. Got the connector unplugged, harness looks good.
    Can't get the sensor out with my big paws. Not a lot of room in there to do anything.
    Can't grab onto to it to even tug a little.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

10. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I wonder if just a good cleaning of the sensor plug would resolve this, since there was oil everywhere.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

12. Likes david3gen liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Yup, that's what i thought. Got the connector unplugged, harness looks good.
    Can't get the sensor out with my big paws. Not a lot of room in there to do anything.
    Can't grab onto to it to even tug a little.

If i remember right the ecm was in the way to get the job done. I removed it so i got better access to the sensor

14. Likes walla2k5, Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

If i remember right the ecm was in the way to get the job done. I removed it so i got better access to the sensor

Don't think removing the ECM would help, that's further back. Now removing the fuel pump would probably do the trick, but that's a little beyond my technical ability.

16. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by walla2k5 View Post
    I wonder if just a good cleaning of the sensor plug would resolve this, since there was oil everywhere.
    At this point, I've already spent the $68 on the sensor, definitely don't ever want to do this again. Just getting that screw out was a major PITA.

18. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Don't think removing the ECM would help, that's further back. Now removing the fuel pump would probably do the trick, but that's a little beyond my technical ability.

Ok not the same as the 06 then. It is a fingertip jobb and it should be loose now since you got that screw out.

20. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast