Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  77
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The white thang

1. Top Of Page | #21
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: The white thang

Relay panel is coming along. Need to put in a amazon order for me connectors and grommets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Back to the drawing board

4. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Nope went back to plan A

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hello peeps it’s been a while. I have a question. Would it be possible to move my starter from the driver side of the block to the passenger side or would I have to get a new starter? Keep in mind I’m moving the battery also or adding a second one

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mdog892001 View Post
    Hello peeps it’s been a while. I have a question. Would it be possible to move my starter from the driver side of the block to the passenger side or would I have to get a new starter? Keep in mind I’m moving the battery also or adding a second one

Wow Gee. I'm gonna be crawling under mine in a bit and see what all is involved. But form memory, I have to say no. The starter rotation is the same, but I don't recall any mounting points on the engine. I have an auto, so it may be a moot thought on my part. I'll get back to you in an hour or two.

The starter on either side would still be the same clockwise rotation, so I have to say, if it does fit, no you don't need a different one. One would think if they made it mountable on both sides, it would be the same starter otherwise. But then again, I'm a logical engineer and have dealt with bean counters in the past. They'd fight you for a .05 cent modification. They look at it as $100,000 for 200,000 units

Why do you want to move it?

BTW, nice job on those electrics. Did you finish that?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Why move it. Idk just to be different. Why not is the real question.
    No I haven’t finished it yet Iv been busy with life but I’ll be on it this weekend and might be making more for those who maybe interested in one.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Let me save ya the time and hassle. No. You can’t move the starter to the passenger side

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mdog892001 View Post
    Let me save ya the time and hassle. No. You can’t move the starter to the passenger side

Congratulations. You win a cookie

Coming from the industrial world, that was a reasonable question. I've even seen 1 cylinder gas engines as auxiliary starters. And not on a D8 either.

I never got under my truck so. . . . . I kinda thought this was a test

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hahahahaha thanks glad to hear I passed. Iv seen lots of pony motors on old equipment.
    I guess I’ll be getting the stuff together to add another battery on the passenger side. My goal is to keep the wire runs short and sweet

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #30
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Well more progress is made

20. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast