Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  102
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Dodge RAM - 5.9L Cummins - 153000 Miles

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    A lot depends on how much smoke. Are these the stock injectors? Is the fuel pressure within range? Could be several items that can cause this. If the smoke isn't that much, not to worry, just letting you know you need to look into this before you're in deep problem.
    @Polaraco ... ideas ???
    Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    Smoke is blue not black.Not that much but enough that i see it in the mirror. It happends when i’m around 2500rpm. I replaced my injectors last year. Fuel pressure is normal. But it became a bit better when i mounted my oem filter and box again. I know that catalysator,fuel and liftpump is from when truck was new. It does’nt smoke all the time. It happens when i stay around that rpm and my truck get resistance not in a straight line when it operates light. Lower rpm and above is normal. No smoke at harder accelration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Blue smoke is usually oil burning. Is your crankcase ventilating properly? I believe you have a crankcase filter in that

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    I hope it’s nothing serious and hopefully some will chime in, enjoy your vacation

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel
    Baddd girl Baaaaad girl. You know I have been busy here. Work, projects and sleep. All my car customers are fat and happy now. It's my turn. That is if work will lighten up. Banner year for trucks, vans and C & C's

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Blue smoke is usually oil burning. Is your crankcase ventilating properly? I believe you have a crankcase filter in that
    Thank you sir. I did not know there was a crankcase filter in that. My truck is served well but not on that point. I’ll order one right now.

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

6. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I searched for a crankcase filter but it seems like the 06-07 don’t have any filter. So i’ll have to look how my crankcase ventilation is. Any spesific i have to look for?

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

8. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

When the valves were last serviced, did who ever did the valve adjustment change out the filter in your valve cover ? On the '06, the manual says to adjust the valves at the 150k mark, (most do it at the 100k mark) and you also change out the valve cover filter.

Man this is early this morning .. and the coffee pot isn't finished yet)

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

10. Thanks david3gen, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Ok thanks. I have’nt done that i replaced my injectors last year and did nothing else. I bought this truck back in 2008 or 09. So i guess i have to do that.

12. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Here it is fleetguard. I have to order one but i could’nt wait. I just had to look. But i have a van, racing bike and atv i can use while i wait

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    Here it is fleetguard. I have to order one but i could’nt wait. I just had to look. But i have a van, racing bike and atv i can use while i wait https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e67d1ce546.jpg

Looks lie you armor all'd it. really clean. That's good!

Here's my thought. the filter may be restricting crankcase venting, forcing the crankcase pressure back up the rings taking oil with it.

I haven' taken any of my meds yet,(LOL) but it occured to me this morning a leaking turbo can cause smoke too.

16. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Yes but now i need some help from one of our vendors here. Because this is’nt available here in norway.I googled this filter. And they where available for 03-05 cummins and the 6.7 cummins. But for 06-07 only complete with valve cover. I’m i right? I haven’t seen screws like this either

18. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Here's my thought. the filter may be restricting crankcase venting, forcing the crankcase pressure back up the rings taking oil with it.

I haven' taken any of my meds yet,(LOL) but it occured to me this morning a leaking turbo can cause smoke too.
    I will go over see if my turbo leaks to

20. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast