Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  102
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2006 Dodge RAM - 5.9L Cummins - 153000 Miles

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I wonder if you are seeing just a normal haze you get from the exhaust when you are running it up. It's hard to call when you can't see it. Honestly? You may be nervous over nothing
    I read/googled and found some things about turbo, dirty and clogged lines etc etc. So as you can see on this picture my oil line is VERY rusty. Removing the turbo ordering new lines and cleaning the whole system. Its worth a try before spending $$ on rebuilding the head or other engine work. But my engine is going strong loads of power. So it has to be something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

2. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    I read/googled and found some things about turbo, dirty and clogged lines etc etc. So as you can see on this picture my oil line is VERY rusty. Removing the turbo ordering new lines and cleaning the whole system. Its worth a try before spending $$ on rebuilding the head or other engine work. But my engine is going strong loads of power. So it has to be something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d0c88d1d7e.jpg
    Changing that line wouldn't be a bad idea as it is quite rusty. But it won't do anything for the smoke. That stuff sounds like CF logic. Logically speaking, how can a rusty line like that cause it to smoke?

Is that a bolt I see missing on the shock tower?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks david3gen thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Changing that line wouldn't be a bad idea as it is quite rusty. But it won't do anything for the smoke. That stuff sounds like CF logic. Logically speaking, how can a rusty line like that cause it to smoke?

Is that a bolt I see missing on the shock tower?
    No i don’t think so either but as well i’m removing my turbo and will do a real clean up i do this also. If you mean missing a bolt on the area i marked so yes

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

If you are going to remove the turbo, I would pull the exhaust manifold as well. Then you can look into the cylinder head exhaust ports and see what cylinder is causing you the problem. It will be obvious at that point.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

8. Likes david3gen, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wy4x4 View Post
    If you are going to remove the turbo, I would pull the exhaust manifold as well. Then you can look into the cylinder head exhaust ports and see what cylinder is causing you the problem. It will be obvious at that point.
    I have’nt done anything yet. But will do when i got some spare time. But as i mentioned earlier my truck does not burn oil so this is a bit strange

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Odd. The if it's not using oil then I am not sure how to explain the blue smoke.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

12. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wy4x4 View Post
    Odd. The if it's not using oil then I am not sure how to explain the blue smoke.
    I’m not sure either. But i will remove the turbo and see if there is something wrong with it and give it a good clean up. And also get ridd of my exhaust catalytic first before any engine work. I still use my truck everyday and everything else seems to be ok

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Old thread.

But NOW!!!

NOW, after all these years, my truck is not smoking blue under acceleration anymore.

A leaky injector was the problem.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234