Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  37
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throttle Valve question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Throttle Valve question

I’ve searched the past threads and have found yes and no answers. Does anyone have a definitive answer if I should unplug the throttle valve or has it been programmed out? I have DRD lite tuning, DPF delete, 2016 2500. Thanks.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Throttle Valve question

Quote Originally Posted by Fireengine70 View Post
    I’ve searched the past threads and have found yes and no answers. Does anyone have a definitive answer if I should unplug the throttle valve or has it been programmed out? I have DRD lite tuning, DPF delete, 2016 2500. Thanks.
    With DRD tuning it has been tuned out.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I also have a similar question. So I’ve read that even though the throttle valve has been tied out there’s a potential of the valve closing at some point down the road thus restricting air flow to your motor? Is it worth getting a throttle valve delete kit or is a waste of money? Anyone has experience with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2407 View Post
    I also have a similar question. So I’ve read that even though the throttle valve has been tied out there’s a potential of the valve closing at some point down the road thus restricting air flow to your motor? Is it worth getting a throttle valve delete kit or is a waste of money? Anyone has experience with this?

I've read the same thing, so I deleted mine.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

7. Likes david3gen, jwm2407, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I’ve been running mine unplugged for quite a while and on my monitor it’s always said 100%, I’m assuming open. Plugged it back in today just to see if I could. Monitor fluctuates, definitely doesn’t stay at 100%.

9. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I found a cheap one on amazon and got rid of mine for peace of mind. I did have to cut the bolts it came with to fit and buy an OEM gasket as the supplied one was a joke. Less $30 spent overall.

2013 3500 SRW, Mm3, DRD Tunes, Kevlar Paint

11. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Just my two cents on the subject. Yes, the tune programs the TV butterfly to the open position. However you could encounter a freak electrical or mechanical malfunction within the TV that could cause the valve to close partially or completely. To prevent this from ever happening you can either modify the stock TV by removing the butterfly or replace the TV for one without the butterfly.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

13. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Unplug it or, more preferably, delete it.

The TV is known for closing unexpectedly even after tuning.

15. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I’ve got mine unplugged. Never had an issue.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

17. Likes AK Bob, walla2k5 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2407 View Post

delete it, amazon has them for $30 prime or you could get a sinister for $119

2017 RAM 2500 Big Horn sport appearance package, Auto Level Rear Suspension, MM3 "switch" Fully deleted - tuned by DRD, Fleece Cheetah, Airaid Jr. CAI, 3.5" Banks Monster intake horn, Pusher Boost Tubes, 5" TBE with a Flo~Pro Twister muffler, *** EGR disappear kit, Black Market Performance CAT fuel filter and water separator, Black Market Performance fuel heater, Black Market Performance head studs, AFE deep trans pan, Revmax trans cooler bypass, Revmax HD Valve Body, DPC Low stall converter with billet flywheel, AFE pro series rear diff cover, Amsoil throughout provided by mcsynthetics.myamsoil.com

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast