Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Setting up for air bags

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Setting up for air bags

Well after studying for a long time then actually driving my friends truck while towing his 5er, I've decided to add bags to my truck. I've been running Timbrens and they are a great quality item and work the way they are made for. The biggest difference is the ride while towing on the interstate, especially the bridge connectors, where they never are even and it causes a hard bottom out and sometimes a good donkey kick. So I did a lot of searching and pricing and bought a package that consisted of the compressor, tank, gauge, fittings and solenoid with wiring harness. Of course, this fantastic web site along with the fine members, have been immeasurable in the information and experience stories. I went with another members suggestion and removed the DEF tank and utilized the platform for the compressor and tank. I used a 1/2" piece of advanteck and mounted the tank and compressor to it then used 1/4" self drill screws to attach to the bracket. It fit like a glove and is protected and out of the way. Now, I'll start searching for the best price on some air lift bags.

2014 2500 CC Bright White 4x4 68RFE 3.42
    MM3 by DRD 4" TBE,
    Air lift 5000 Ultimate by DDP
    16K Super Glide 5er hitch

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Setting up for air bags

MM3 by DRD 4" TBE,

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Trying to add pics??

MM3 by DRD 4" TBE,

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elliss View Post
    Well after studying for a long time then actually driving my friends truck while towing his 5er, I've decided to add bags to my truck. I've been running Timbrens and they are a great quality item and work the way they are made for. The biggest difference is the ride while towing on the interstate, especially the bridge connectors, where they never are even and it causes a hard bottom out and sometimes a good donkey kick. So I did a lot of searching and pricing and bought a package that consisted of the compressor, tank, gauge, fittings and solenoid with wiring harness. Of course, this fantastic web site along with the fine members, have been immeasurable in the information and experience stories. I went with another members suggestion and removed the DEF tank and utilized the platform for the compressor and tank. I used a 1/2" piece of advanteck and mounted the tank and compressor to it then used 1/4" self drill screws to attach to the bracket. It fit like a glove and is protected and out of the way. Now, I'll start searching for the best price on some air lift bags. https://www.igotacummins.com/webkit-...0ff6/imagejpeghttps://www.igotacummins.com/webkit-...3b82/imagejpeg
    Check out Clayton from DDP he will hook you up bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

7. Thanks Elliss thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thank ya mr dan! Ill shoot you a message bud.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Thanks Elliss thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Big shout out to Clayton at DDP! I contacted DDP and spoke with Clayton about airbags for my truck. He hooked me up with the air lift 5000 ultimate set up that is perfect for my needs plus a great price! i placed the order and it was on my porch in 2 days! Thanks Clayton for the service and friendship! Always shop with the website vendors first, they know what we want cause they're one of us!??

MM3 by DRD 4" TBE,

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elliss View Post
    Big shout out to Clayton at DDP! I contacted DDP and spoke with Clayton about airbags for my truck. He hooked me up with the air lift 5000 ultimate set up that is perfect for my needs plus a great price! i placed the order and it was on my porch in 2 days! Thanks Clayton for the service and friendship! Always shop with the website vendors first, they know what we want cause they're one of us!??

Thank you so much for the awesome review my friend! Your very welcome and i can't wait to see some pics of the install and of course of them being put to work! You were awesome to deal with and i look forward to a long friendship!!!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

13. Likes david3gen, Elliss, Cumminstrokethis liked this post