Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  17

Thread: 2015 2500 deleted major issues after factory recalls performed

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2015 2500 deleted major issues after factory recalls performed

I have a 2015 2500 6.7/68 auto with single efi live tune never had any issues until fri when took to dealership. They fixed brake interlock, airbag module, an waterpump. Got my truck back an now check engine light, abs light, and electrical light on, speedometer an park assist not working their blaming the tune ofcourse but wondering if anyone else has run into this. Or if I just need to let them flash everything back to stock an reload tune if they can fix rest? Thanks

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2015 2500 deleted major issues after factory recalls performed

Sounds like they flashed it already having to do all those repairs....

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7 tuned EGRless emissions compliant by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

They didn't flash ecm I don't think because it's not looking for egr or def stuff

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks glad to be here

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

It's your dealer not knowing that they have to reset or reflash something in the abs module after doing that airbag recall. Same thing happened to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

12. Thanks OldNrusty thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I did the same recalls a couple weeks ago and they said they flashed the ecm as part of the job. I remember because I was planning to do my deletes that weekend and I was wondering how that would have worked out had I done my deletes before the ecm flash.

2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab - 68RFE - Carli 2.5" level coils - Carli radius arm drops - Carli 1" rear coils w/ RC 1" rear spacers - 17x8.5 0mm Method Mesh - 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T - AAM 4.10 gears - Airlift 5000 bags - Airlift Wireless OBO - PacBrake Oil Filter Relocator

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

They didnt have to flash my ecm. For the airbags they flash the BCM to perform that recall. It says right in their recall instructions that after that, they need to reconfigure the ABS module also. But the problem is, most dealer mechanics miss this step. Go back and tell them they missed a step. If they still say it's your tuner, find a different dealer.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

16. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    They didnt have to flash my ecm. For the airbags they flash the BCM to perform that recall. It says right in their recall instructions that after that, they need to reconfigure the ABS module also. But the problem is, most dealer mechanics miss this step. Go back and tell them they missed a step. If they still say it's your tuner, find a different dealer.

Finally got it back yesterday, they wouldn't admit they done wrong but did get fixed so I'm happy an wont be doing anymore recalls unless necessary. Plus side they didn't reflash my ecm before they figured it out so I'm good to go except seatbelt an air bag light still on so was total waste to start with LOL and seems all the dealerships in my area are on same level of intelligence, sad part is I'm Cummins certified tech an cant touch dodge electronics

18. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post