Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Update

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Latest Update

Quote Originally Posted by Larry1009 View Post
    I have updated to the newest firmware and I thought everything went smoothly. Although I have just noticed that my dash lights are staying on when I turn my truck off. Does anyone have any ideas on why this might be happening? The only way that I have figured out how to get them to turn off is by unplugging my OBD2 and plug it back in.

Hey I had this happening to my truck sometime last year, went away when I updated my raceme. But a few weeks ago they started staying on again like yours until I unplugged the OBDII plug. It done this about three times but hasn't done it since. What did you find to correct this in case it happens again. I just have the regular "box" tunes. Putting my spare money in my boat since my son is doing B.A.S.S. high school bass fishing tournaments.

2. Thanks Larry1009 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Larry1009, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    Hey I had this happening to my truck sometime last year, went away when I updated my raceme. But a few weeks ago they started staying on again like yours until I unplugged the OBDII plug. It done this about three times but hasn't done it since. What did you find to correct this in case it happens again. I just have the regular "box" tunes. Putting my spare money in my boat since my son is doing B.A.S.S. high school bass fishing tournaments.
    Weird, I also have the box tunes. I have resolved the issue by doing the exact same thing. I unplugged OBDII a couple times and it hasn’t happened again since. Not sure what this is all about but I’m glad it’s not happening any longer. I will update if it comes back at a later date.

4. Thanks .44mag thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

In RaceMe's upgrade notes it says to unplug the OBDII cable afterwards so maybe that was changed after you guys found the glitch, or it was supposed to be that way, not sure.

Computer issue with RaceMe Agent program:
    My windows 10 computer though the RaceMe Agent was malware, the windows Defender must have shut it down. I had the program installed and it was downloading the ultra file and it closed it's-self down, but I didn't see it at the exact second it closed bc I was chatting with a Raceme tech on their chat screen. It was closed and I thought it just finished so I went down to the bar by the clock and right clicked on the drive icon and selected eject RaceMe drive d: and it wouldn't eject the SD card. It said the drive was still in use, but the Agent program was closed. so I knew something didn't finish right. I had to uninstall program, restart, and then the program would find the card but that it already had downloaded the file. So I went to the truck and 1.01.11 was still on there and soi I had to copy the files directly onto the SD card. I just overwrote the files/folders and kept the other two files ProgPort and TEMP (I think is what they were. I saved those bc I figured they were me original trucks OEM settings.

I suggest not opening the file from the install finish/complete screen. You know, where it given you the option to open the program after you install it. I suggest you just hit complete and let the icon show up on your desktop first and then open it so your computer sees the new program opening. I didn't even get an Icon from that first install and defender thought the setup file was malware, I think bc I launched "open program" option when it completed the install so maybe it looked like a setup file was malware becuase it was searching for the drives and stuff, vs seeing the new program when using the icon on the desktop screen, IDK. During the second install I just closed the install program down, and an icon popped up on the desktop a second or two later. The program is very smart though, found the drive and had prompts to do the downloads. I just think that open program now is what screwed it up.

My thoughts on the Basic tunes option so far:
    I'm not sure I am seeing a difference between tune 1 and towing so maybe the hp is the same and the transmission seting are just different. I don't want to try the other tunes bc I don't know the hp ratings of them yet. Maybe I'm doing RT wrong, do I have to be at a stop? I'm going to look around and see if anyone knows hp levels and RT info. The basic tune option is much smoother shifting for sure, but I think I was in gear 6 going like 45, which never happened before until around 50.

The new Basic tuning on 1 has a lot more pep than the stock hp tune I have been running. I can say when I floor it in tune 1 my wheels burn some rubber so it must be a higher HP. On Raceme's stock tune I had running for 1.01.11 when I floored it it did not peel out and I had a big lag between 1st and second like it was sputtering gas or water was mixed with the gas. That's not the case with tune 1.

I wonder if I go to advanced tune and choose the stock hp tune, if I can still get to all the switch tunes on RT? I'll watch the raceme video that are sticky'd

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

6. Thanks .44mag thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Should be stock with deletes and power(???) with deletes. When in the RT function I see 30 hp, 60, 120 150 and 200. 1850 bar, 1900 and 2000 for rail pressure, 23*, 29* and 35 (IIRC) timing then, economy, mild and full spool for the turbo. Never had an issue with malware so got me, usually my oldest son does the upgrades for me on his computer as he has a fancy one. I'm a cave man.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I can't wait for the next update now. If I'm going 45 it will shift into 6th gear. If I am entering a freeway it's fine, it will shift normally, but I think the lowest I have seen it shift to 6th is at 43 mph at around 1050 to 1100 rpm. It jumps from 4th to 5th correctly, but almost instantly jumps to sixth like 5th doesn't exist. I'm not sure I have stayed in 5th ever since the new update. SUCKS!

Also when it's cold or I'm accelerating normally from a stop the engine seems like it has a rattle, like they added the old 12 valve sound. I'm not sure if that is timing or what.

The exhaust break is not as strong, as in it doesn't brake the truck as much and as long as before

I didn't do the advanced tune option.

Sent from my ASUS_X017DA using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    Should be stock with deletes and power(???) with deletes. When in the RT function I see 30 hp, 60, 120 150 and 200. 1850 bar, 1900 and 2000 for rail pressure, 23*, 29* and 35 (IIRC) timing then, economy, mild and full spool for the turbo. Never had an issue with malware so got me, usually my oldest son does the upgrades for me on his computer as he has a fancy one. I'm a cave man.
    Mine says Stock, Tow, Race, and something else w the newest update. No hp

12. Likes watersupply189, .44mag liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Has one tried the new update it came out around middle of December its 009A is the newest update from racemeCanada.com I'm guna do it this week just wanted to see if anyone else has it.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Merica knight train View Post
    Has one tried the new update it came out around middle of December its 009A is the newest update from racemeCanada.com I'm guna do it this week just wanted to see if anyone else has it.
    I'll check my number, but on the 18th I updated and it sucks now. 5 th gear is basically non existent and the acceleration from a stop seems rough.

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I updated mine today and it's the same as it was before. I'll drive it to work tomorrow so 100 miles of hwy I'll see if any shift points have changed at higher speeds. In town its same as it was . I was really hoping for more tranny tunes or to be able to change shift points play with converter lock ups etc.. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next one.

2012 cummins 6inch lift rollin on 37 bring whatcha Brung and hope u brung enough

Attached Images Attached Images

18. Thanks Stewbuntu thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Glad I got a manual transmission, don't have to worry about the trans tuning part.

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast