Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: truck is cranking over but wont start!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Angry truck is cranking over but wont start!

my 04.5 dodge is cranking over and im getting fuel to the injectors. ive done the key trick and used my edge to scan for codes and its not pulling up anything. ive put two brand new batteries in yesterday. all the stuff thats been done to it is in my sig. my truck has 189,000 miles on it. ive had my injectors check and they are good. any help would be grateful. im to the point of pulling out my 9mm and shooting the piss out of the da mn thing!!

2004.5 2500 4x4 cummins, upgrade the 48re and added a fass150. - Burnt up from the front bumper to the driver/passenger seat.
    2009 2500 cummins 6.7l 4x4. DPF/erg delete, 100 HP injectors (dont remember who from, my mechanic picked them) , Aisin transmission with the ATS tranny pan, efilive DPS5 switch, edge cts for gauges, bullseye power drop-in HE351 Batmowheel, rocking 20" XD Series wheels. b&w turn over hitch, 5in exhaust to 6" dual stacks. pretty sure im forgetting something.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

When did this start happening?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

It's been this way for 5 months. I fixed my p0148 code but the dang thing will not fire off. It's blowing my freakin mind. Im getting diesel from the tank to the injectors but not sure what's causing it not fire off. I've cracked the lines to my injectors and diesel is coming out and I've had my injectors checked and I made dang sure my cross over tubes are torq down to the right specs. That 9mm sure sounds like a great idea everyday this beast ain't running.

2004.5 2500 4x4 cummins, upgrade the 48re and added a fass150. - Burnt up from the front bumper to the driver/passenger seat.
    2009 2500 cummins 6.7l 4x4. DPF/erg delete, 100 HP injectors (dont remember who from, my mechanic picked them) , Aisin transmission with the ATS tranny pan, efilive DPS5 switch, edge cts for gauges, bullseye power drop-in HE351 Batmowheel, rocking 20" XD Series wheels. b&w turn over hitch, 5in exhaust to 6" dual stacks. pretty sure im forgetting something.

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

are you getting compression in the cylenders? maybe check the pump timing. i'd assume it's not an eletronic issue with no codes.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Right. It ran just fine until this bs started

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Are you sure your not sucking air from somewhere?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Very. I've called a cummins tech and he seems to think its an electrical issue. Exp. camshaft sensor, rail pressure sensor, ect.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

might add that this diesel tech gave me a list to go over without having to take it in and if i wasnt getting any compression in the cylinders, it should start but it would run like chit. so im gonna throw even more money at this spoiled step child and replace my camshaft sensor and the rail pressure sensor just to see if that doesnt fix my issue and if not its onto the chit injectors.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Cam shaft sensor can be tested with an ohm meter and a piece if tin.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Cam shaft sensor can be tested with an ohm meter and a piece if tin.
    im going to check it when this 50mph wind quits.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast