Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2014 Ram UConnect radio/gps fried?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Unhappy 2014 Ram UConnect radio/gps fried?

Bright star that I am I had dealer reboot stereo/gps while doing brake recall as gps was 'lost' half a state away. Major mess up as wouldn't reboot and radio is DOA. Rrrrrrrr…. Shopping aftermarket the same dealer can get me a rebuilt for $880 (new $2900!!!!). Local stereo/audio dealer can get me a unit for $1380 that is 7.4" and replaces ac/heater controls. Lesson learned was next time just leave well enough alone and get by with gps on my cell phone. Duh. Bob

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2014 Ram UConnect radio/gps fried?

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks, fixing to get busy as MM3 tuner from DRD diesel showing next week and deletes follow. Bob

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Sorry for late post but finally got around to getting radio (8.4an) repaired by Nav-Repair,com (bought service off eBay for $130?). Put it back into truck and pleasantly shocked to see it boot-up just like when I bought the truck. Still sorting out pairing phone and final check of the navigation but seems to be working. Got feedback from someone off another board so gave them a try and luckily just simple re-boot instead of a corrupted SIM card which is like $300.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Just a after thought but in hindsight IF you think your radio is going to go out OR you're updating software make sure to put heater zone control in the mode where you have heat going to your feet as well as out dash. My feet were getting mighty cold here come winter with no ability to switch zones.