Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: 5th wheel toy hauler experiences please?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

5th wheel toy hauler experiences please?

Those of you who are towing 5th wheel toy haulers,
    Have you weighed the rig with & without the toys?

With a pair of thousand pound dressers in the back, I would think it takes some off of the pin?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn CC SB SRW White Cummins Aisin with 5th wheel package
    ARE cap on order
    hunting for a chrome winch bumper
    need to add clearance lights
    Want Rigid Adapt driving lights

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 5th wheel toy hauler experiences please?

I’ve pulled my 37’ toy hauler fifth wheeler triple axle all over the country loaded to the gills it weighed probably right around 20,000 pounds

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes watersupply189, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    I’ve pulled my 37’ toy hauler fifth wheeler triple axle all over the country loaded to the gills it weighed probably right around 20,000 pounds
    HK, you pulling that with a 2500 or a 3500?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    HK, you pulling that with a 2500 or a 3500?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    Pulled it with my 97 Cummins 2500 4x4 quad cab

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Pulled it with my 97 Cummins 2500 4x4 quad cab
    Damn son!!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Damn son!!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    Upgraded wheels and tires to 19.5 it was a load truck handled it relatively easy unless major incline then it had to work a little harder most of the time you wouldn’t hardly ever notice it was back there

11. Likes Power247, watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7
    Permanent Vacation Honeybadger16's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx0849 View Post
    Those of you who are towing 5th wheel toy haulers,
    Have you weighed the rig with & without the toys?

With a pair of thousand pound dressers in the back, I would think it takes some off of the pin?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

it dosnt pull weight off the pin box they are purposley desighned to be front heavey with large water tanks and waste tanks typically forward of the axels toys in the back in theory actually balance the trailer

13. Thanks 4kids2dogs&RV, walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

We have a Raptor 300MP, usually have either a golf cart or a sxs in the back, stock pin weight is about 2800lbs they tell me, and told me once loaded it will take some of the weight off. I find this to be true just from seat of the pants towing. Depending on your model of trailer, some state that adding some water in the fresh water tank will help the ride. I also found that if you are a heavy rig, change to the next load level up tire ( I currently run G rated). I will tell you I have towed it with my 94 12v, power wasn't an issue with that truck, sway was the issue. I ran stock sized tires and changed my gears to 4.11, custom built tranny with all the billet and triple disc etc. fuel plates, turbo, dv's, gov springs, 3 piece manifold, injectors, etc etc etc etc.. I have air bags on that truck. It towed it fine, but engine was always high rpms at hwy speeds (don't usually tow 5'er over 65) I changed to a 35" tire on different wheels and towed it once. When doing the math it changed rear end ratio to 3.73. This setup i actually prefer, the wider tire on the road helped some of the sway i got on the interstate, and kept my tranny and engine happy lowering the rpms some. I ended up getting a dually (yeah a duramax) and it was night and day difference, the stability was the main thing i loved the most. Now i just purchased a 3500 ram dually with the aisin. Have only done one test pull so far and it was again, night and day difference.

15. Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post