Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Setting for timing and RP

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Setting for timing and RP

Hey guys I have a 2015 deleted with G56.. curious on setting like timing and RP on the RaceMe ultra..I’ve been running +60 hp for awhile just yesterday re flashed it to +120.. all default setting. Would 29* and 1900 setting would help or hurt anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Setting for timing and RP

Quote Originally Posted by Ssbuilt808 View Post
    Hey guys I have a 2015 deleted with G56.. curious on setting like timing and RP on the RaceMe ultra..I’ve been running +60 hp for awhile just yesterday re flashed it to +120.. all default setting. Would 29* and 1900 setting would help or hurt anything?

I wouldn’t mess with timing or rp just run your RaceMe

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

So I had the same questions when I installed my Ultra a couple of years ago. I've messed with the timing and torque settings in the rt menu, not the rail pressure, but I haven't done any performance upgrades to my engine or transmission. My default setting when programming is 120 HP, 23* timing,1850 bar max rail, mild torque and economy spool. That seems to work well with my setup.
    From what ive read on here if you haven't upgraded anything else on your engine or transmission you should probably not go above 120hp. Double R Diesel has some good info on his MM3 faq page at
    https://www.doublerdiesel.com/mm3-tu...tions-answers/
    Look for "How much power is safe with a stock truck?"
    I searched a bunch of different threads and found some answers then copied them into a note document on my tablet for future reference. So I'm going to paste some of what I found, I'm not sure who said them or what thread they came from, most likely the really looonnng raceme one, there's lots of good info on there if you have the patience to read through it all.

"Never use the 35* setting. Use the 23* setting for power the 120HP or lower durations. Use the 29* setting for 120HP or higher duration. The 120HP mark can use either 23* or 29*...but the 23* setting is a safer bet here."
    "The more the timing, the better the power and fuel mileage. But too much timing with not enough duration, could be bad. With 120 hp duration 23 or 29 timing is good. Over 120 duration I use 29, under 120 I use 23. Is stay away from 35 unless you're sled pulling or drag racing and can win money to pay for things that break LOL."
    "120 HP, 23* timing,1850 bar max rail and mild spool. 60HP-120HP, and whatever VGT setting you want."
    "Burnout setting?200 HP duration 29* timing 1900 bar rail pressure"

Hope this helps.

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DDP Hooligan turbo, GDP Air Boss grid delete, S-2 Intake manifold and Mega-Flow TVM Grid Heater. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.
    Honestly it's just a tow rig...

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks guys.. how would this setup full deletes. +120. 29*. 1900 .. with a G56 with a DD Valair Ceramic.. hardly tow. With 37s.. or is this to much

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks guys.. how would this setup full deletes. +120. 29*. 1900 .. with a G56 with a DD Valair Ceramic.. hardly tow. With 37s.. or is this to much

With the upgraded clutch you should be fine running the 120.
    If you aren't already I would monitor your rail pressure, I think 29,000 is as high as you want to see with stock injectors.
    I'm no expert on timing or rail pressure though, that's why I've just left mine at 23 and 1850. I have tried 29 a few times and it seemed to put out a little more smoke when I was really on the gas. I was also on the highest torque setting, definitely more power but it felt kind of rough, but that could have just been me being paranoid about breaking something.

2011 Ram 3500 SLT, 6.7 Cummins. 4.10 gears 68RFE Transmission. RaceMe Ultra with Warp Tuning by DRD, DDP Hooligan turbo, GDP Air Boss grid delete, S-2 Intake manifold and Mega-Flow TVM Grid Heater. 4 inch superlift lift kit with Bilstein shocks, dual steering stabilizer. 35x12.5x20 Toyo AT3s on black KMC XD795 wheels. Fender flares, N-Fab 6 step nerf bars.
    Honestly it's just a tow rig...

10. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rtetrault View Post
    With the upgraded clutch you should be fine running the 120.
    If you aren't already I would monitor your rail pressure, I think 29,000 is as high as you want to see with stock injectors.
    I'm no expert on timing or rail pressure though, that's why I've just left mine at 23 and 1850. I have tried 29 a few times and it seemed to put out a little more smoke when I was really on the gas. I was also on the highest torque setting, definitely more power but it felt kind of rough, but that could have just been me being paranoid about breaking something.
    Thank you for all you knowledge. Yes I have been running +120 for about 2 weeks now.. clutch really hold the power like a champ with 37s.. also kept it at 23* with 1850.. just wanted to see if you guys are running one step higher like 29* and 1900. If any difference with those setting.. figure ask before do LOL..

12. Likes watersupply189, Rtetrault liked this post