Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  61
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting ready to pull the trigger on deleting

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Getting ready to pull the trigger on deleting

I am going to get an MM3 from DRD. I am torn on exhaust. I don't know what to get. I like the sound of the 5" that I have listened to on youtube. Not real concerned about noise outside of the truck I just don't want it to be loud inside with windows up. I kinda like how quite the cabs are at least on mine. Even my Toyo MTs you can't hear with windows up. I live in PA so we don't have hills like Colorado but far from flat and I do pull a trailer and that seems to be when you get a lot of cab noise. Just looking for opinions from people who have experience with this. Should I do downpipe back 4" with muffler or 5" turbo back with muffler. I am guessing I am going to want a muffler system. And I know Im getting old LOL but I have my turbo LS S10 for noise.

Sorry forgot to add I have a 2014 2500 G56 with Southbend DD clutch.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Getting ready to pull the trigger on deleting

Quote Originally Posted by rsabol77 View Post
    I am going to get an MM3 from DRD. I am torn on exhaust. I don't know what to get. I like the sound of the 5" that I have listened to on youtube. Not real concerned about noise outside of the truck I just don't want it to be loud inside with windows up. I kinda like how quite the cabs are at least on mine. Even my Toyo MTs you can't hear with windows up. I live in PA so we don't have hills like Colorado but far from flat and I do pull a trailer and that seems to be when you get a lot of cab noise. Just looking for opinions from people who have experience with this. Should I do downpipe back 4" with muffler or 5" turbo back with muffler. I am guessing I am going to want a muffler system. And I know Im getting old LOL but I have my turbo LS S10 for noise.

Most folks go with a 5 inch with muffler. If the drone noise is still to much for you then you can always purchase another muffler and place it right after the downpipe. Helps tremendously with noise in the cab.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks rsabol77, Polaraco thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Just don’t do an axle dump and you should be fine.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

6. Thanks rsabol77 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I just did the whole tuner/delete/exhaust and after consulting with Ray from DRD went with his recommendation:
    4"SS downpipe back with muffler. Couldn't be happier! Very little cab noise, but people hear you coming outside!!

8. Thanks rsabol77, watersupply189, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I ended up ordering 5” Pro Flo turbo back with muffler. I’m sure I’m going hate installing it but hopefully I’m happy with sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Getting ready to pull the trigger on deleting

I went 5” flo-pro turbo back with a 30” resonator and axel dumped 5” to 8” tip. I didn’t want all the black smoke on the side of the truck. It’s not loud inside the truck at all. I couldn’t be happier with results. The install was a piece of cake. Getting all the space ship parts off wasn’t very fun though.

2014 6.7 Cummings 20x10-12 offset Fuel mavericks 305/55/20 Rays EGR-less Tune & a lot of lights

12. Thanks rsabol77 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I ended up ordering 5” Pro Flo turbo back with muffler. I’m sure I’m going hate installing it but hopefully I’m happy with sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You will love the 5” that’s what I am running just first section connected to turbo love the sound

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Thanks rsabol77 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I have the 5" Flo Pro as well. I might install it today. I really like the looks of your's. I might stop after the axle too. I have a 5" to 8" tip in black. Thanks for the pics.

16. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Pilsnr liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Just don’t do an axle dump and you should be fine.

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD
    Agreed don't do the axle dump also do your homework on deleting

NO IT'S NOT A HEMI!

18. Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram, walla2k5 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Please upload a video of the S-10!

20. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast