Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 98.5 24v Excessive oil out of breather.

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

98.5 24v Excessive oil out of breather.

Noticed quite a bit of oil that had came out of my breather tube after i had been parked for about a half hour or so. Haven't pulled my dip stick or anything to check for blow by, I was also parked on and incline and im not sure if that had anything to do with it.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

How many miles on the truck?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Incline can do it, there was a TSB several years ago about it. Undo the oil cap and let it set loosely with the engine running. If its jumping from blowby, you have a problem

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The truck has got 217,000 on it. i was gunna check that out today.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Tried the oil cap test, and its not popping off, any other suggestions?

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dhchrishadley View Post
    Tried the oil cap test, and its not popping off, any other suggestions?
    Extend the breather tube to the rear of the block like Moparman1973 did on his site

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Explain what excessive oil is?

Does this truck do allot of short trips?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

More than usual is coming out. Mostly short trips around town. It didn't push a lot out before maybe a drop or two every now and then. Now it's maybe 2 or 3 teaspoons every time i park it.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

when did you change the oil last and what did you put in?

Did you smell the dipstick to seei f you're getting diesel in it?

10. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Changed the oil last week. Just put in some 15w-40. The oil level isn't high so I don't believe that fuel is getting into the oil.