Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: my new dodge

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

my new dodge

My last truck was a 2003 F350with a 7.3 powerstroke. It was on its fourth reman from ford and i had to cut my losses. I just bought a 2007 ram 3500 laramie megacab srw and LOVE it! Had 61,000 miles on it and runs like a champ. Ive read i need to clean the egr valve and cooler soon. 67,000 or so. Got the dealer to do it for 180 bucks. I think thats a good deal but not sure. I bought a 4 year unlimited mile engine and trans warranty so no tunes till thats gone i think. I been thinking about a boost fooler though. Any thoughts on this idea? Any other suggestions for me would be appreciated as this is my first 6.7 cummins. I did the trans and both filters.

Michael

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I will say that mine is alot more reliable with the deletes. but mine was good in stock form, just have to keep the DPF clean by driving it hard to heat it up or pull something heavy every once in a while. oh and if the DPF goes bad the dealers want $2500 and that is NOT installed.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Only uggestion I have is. The deletes, but check your warrenty first.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

If you don't do deletes, let it do its Regen while driving, you may have to drive awhile but that let's it get hot enough and burn everything in the DPF, IF you do the deletes it will be just as reliable if not more. But might wanna wait till your warranty runs out

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

and as for thew ford, I had the IDI 1988 and well, it has a cummins now.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I suggest deletes as well, so many things that can be done to these to make the fun and even more efficient. Let us know if we can help you in any way. Oh an get some pics up!

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Instagram Manager IG Operations's Avatar

User Info Menu

Pictures would be awesome!! And I must also agree with deletes