Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Blue tooth, media, hands free stopped working

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Blue tooth, media, hands free stopped working

I have a 2014 and with in the last 2 days my phone no longer connects to my truck or any of my families phones that it use to. It wont let me pair a new phone, I can't delete my paired phones , and when selecting hands free it just says wait while connecting. If you try to pair a new device you select add and nothing happens, I mean no pop up window or anything, when you select delete that window disappears and nothing happens. My phone will connect to other things in the house so it's not the blue tooth of the phone. I was thinking maybe FCA did an over the air update and messed things up. Also when on phone under settings blue tooth setting and searching for devices the truck does't show up cause i tried deleting my phone side but it doesn't see anything from truck. Anyone else having a problem. Thanks Hray

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Blue tooth, media, hands free stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by hray View Post

I have a 2014 and with in the last 2 days my phone no longer connects to my truck or any of my families phones that it use to. It wont let me pair a new phone, I can't delete my paired phones , and when selecting hands free it just says wait while connecting. If you try to pair a new device you select add and nothing happens, I mean no pop up window or anything, when you select delete that window disappears and nothing happens. My phone will connect to other things in the house so it's not the blue tooth of the phone. I was thinking maybe FCA did an over the air update and messed things up. Also when on phone under settings blue tooth setting and searching for devices the truck does't show up cause i tried deleting my phone side but it doesn't see anything from truck. Anyone else having a problem. Thanks Hray
    I have that problem sometimes on my 2016. I found if I reboot my phone it starts working again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks, I tried that but will try it again.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Solved and here is what I did after looking for a soft/hard reset of the radio/head unit via the internet. With the key in the run position Push/Hold in the mute and tune knob in for 5-10 seconds and release, a few seconds went by and the unit turned off and rebooted. Was able to repair phone and all is good to go. Didn't loose any presets or anything. Hray

8. Thanks watersupply189, walla2k5, BrentM thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, walla2k5, BrentM liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Solved and here is what I did after looking for a soft/hard reset of the radio/head unit via the internet. With the key in the run position Push/Hold in the mute and tune knob in for 5-10 seconds and release, a few seconds went by and the unit turned off and rebooted. Was able to repair phone and all is good to go. Didn't loose any presets or anything. Hray
    Awesome!!! Glad you figured it out!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7 tuned EGRless emissions compliant by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

10. Likes walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Glad it worked for you. Thanks for the heads up and the fix!

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

12. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post