Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Side steps cracking

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Side steps cracking

So the plastic step part of my side steps is coming apart. Started out as small separation and now it just coming apart. Is this something that would be covered under warranty? Anyone else have this problem

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Side steps cracking

I took my truck in 2 months ago to the dealership for the passenger side rubber trim along the door and window because it was starting to come apart on one end and also the hard plastic trim on top of the tailgate on both ends for same reason and they said it would of been covered under warranty, so I would say yes. I waited too long and had to pay out. You can call a dealership and confirm just to be sure before you tackle it yourself.

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

3. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

On my 12’ I had after market steps and same thing happened and a friend told me to buy the 3M double sided heavy duty tape and it did work, but I did that when I first noticed it and it stayed together. I don’t know if that will work for yours at this point tho.

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, david3gen, walla2k5 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    On my 12’ I had after market steps and same thing happened and a friend told me to buy the 3M double sided heavy duty tape and it did work, but I did that when I first noticed it and it stayed together. I don’t know if that will work for yours at this point tho.
    I tried the tape thing, but it's just straight up coming apart, full on cracking and breaking

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

7. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bajaben View Post
    I tried the tape thing, but it's just straight up coming apart, full on cracking and breaking

It’s Mopar steps yes ? If so then definitely should be covered, I’m curious, so let us know what happens

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

9. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post