Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  87
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newbie with a big question

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Newbie with a big question

Quote Originally Posted by 66bkroy1 View Post
    Went to the shop doing the work and talked . Seems the tunes load onto the MM3 correctly. Green ecm icon light. Truck starts no check engine lights. The problem is it runs less than stock. Doesn't smoke but has no power. Like it won't let the turbo spool and down on fuel. Doesn't matter on which ho tune is selected. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday . Both Alligator performance and motor ops are closed over the weekend.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    What year is your truck? For the heck of it, I would try reloading your tunes. First make sure the batteries are fully charged and leave the charger on while downloading.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

2. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It's a2008 with a G56 trans. They are going to reload the tunes again today. He uses a battery booster to maintain proper voltage. Let's hope it works!!!

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Not sure many outfits are tuning 07.5-09 trucks with the MM3. Maybe there's a bug they haven't discovered yet for your 08... who knows. Hope it's something simple for ya.
    Did they unplug the correct throttle valve plug? It's hiding UNDER the intake horn.

5. Thanks 66bkroy1 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I noticed drd doesn't show MM3 tuning for 2007.5 thru 2009 available. Does anyone know if it's being used in these years? Maybe I'm just chasing a loosing battle with MM3 and a 2008 6.7!!

7. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I brought my truck home. Figured maybe I can trouble shoot over the weekend. It drives like it's in valet mode. Don't know if it there is a throttle position sensor. It acts like I only have maybe 1/4 throttle or less while moving. Boost builds to maybe 18 psi then fluctuates like I'm letting off the throttle. Anyone have a guess???

9. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I think DRD only tunes with the MM3 from 2010 and up. Send him a pm and ask friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

11. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 66bkroy1 View Post
    I brought my truck home. Figured maybe I can trouble shoot over the weekend. It drives like it's in valet mode. Don't know if it there is a throttle position sensor. It acts like I only have maybe 1/4 throttle or less while moving. Boost builds to maybe 18 psi then fluctuates like I'm letting off the throttle. Anyone have a guess???

It definitely has a throttle position sensor. Check that it's unplugged underneath the intake horn. Other than that, it's in the tuners hands I guess.

13. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Try checking signals coming from the sensor. Also might help if you data log to see what everything else is doing at and off idle. Sounds like either something messed up in the tune, an issue with a component or possibly even sensor got unplugged by mistake.

15. Thanks 66bkroy1 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Did you do a throttle valve delete as well? If not I would check to make sure it isnt closing at all, pulled my out and once closed it would stick with just light pressure. Throttle valve should be the only thing you can unplug on the horn without making it act up.

17. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I need to check the throttle valve in the morning. I used the MM3 to guage the throttle position. It shows that it is moving 100%.but the truck doesn't act that way. I would guess 20% when driving. Also I've never monitered boost on this truck before. Is it normal for it to drop to zero when I let off the accelerator? It will climb to around 18 psi then flutter down then back up like I'm letting off the throttle even though it's to the floor. Thanks for all the ideas. I'm hoping I can figure out.

19. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast