Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: Trailer brake controller

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Trailer brake controller

So my fiver's brakes have been fading last couple years. Now they are bad enough to feel unsafe. I figured I'd work on it's brakes some more before blaming the controller. Adjusted them all up... same poor braking. Took the hubs all off and the magnets looked pretty worn. Installed all new brake assemblies, adjusted them up... same poor braking. Pulled the break away pin... brakes work. Checked voltage at 7 pin connector... only a couple with foot pedal, zero with hand control.
    Anybody else ever experience this? May be purchasing an aftermarket controller if I don't get it figured out pretty quick.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Trailer brake controller

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    So my fiver's brakes have been fading last couple years. Now they are bad enough to feel unsafe. I figured I'd work on it's brakes some more before blaming the controller. Adjusted them all up... same poor braking. Took the hubs all off and the magnets looked pretty worn. Installed all new brake assemblies, adjusted them up... same poor braking. Pulled the break away pin... brakes work. Checked voltage at 7 pin connector... only a couple with foot pedal, zero with hand control.
    Anybody else ever experience this? May be purchasing an aftermarket controller if I don't get it figured out pretty quick.

What year is your truck? Mine’s a 2010 and it never was real aggressive, even on the highest gain setting. Installed an aftermarket and no problems since.

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtipton View Post
    What year is your truck? Mine’s a 2010 and it never was real aggressive, even on the highest gain setting. Installed an aftermarket and no problems since.

Bob

2012... It worked fine when new, but have always had to use max setting of ten. Trailer is 12,000 lbs.

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

6. Likes watersupply189, Bobtipton, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Mine didn’t work right since new. It was my understanding that the 2012 and newer were supposed to be better. Mine would occasionally give the ‘trailer brake disconnected’ message on the EVIC and I wouldn’t have brakes. Not really a big issue at the time when towing a lightweight 4K travel trailer. But the first time it did that to me on our 15k fifth wheel, an aftermarket went in.

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post