Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect DEF Detected see Dealer

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Incorrect DEF Detected see Dealer

I had incorrect def detected see dealer pop up on my truck today. So i drained 3 gallons of def and replaced it with new. Took it for a test drive and it stared counting down miles before it goes into limp mode Did not know if there was a way to reset without going to dealer. Any help besides delete it would help. Not ready to void warranty.
    Thanks

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Incorrect DEF Detected see Dealer

Yikes! Haven’t heard that one. Did you just recently add DEF before this happened ? You might just want to call a dealership and ask if there is a reset method just like for oil changes and such. Hopefully that’s the easy way out. But if it’s counting down then you just might have to take it in, but doesn’t the warranty cover that?

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

New to me. Didn't know there was different DEF sold out there.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

There is only one kind of DEF as far as I know sounds like some kind of bs sensor or some other problem with all that bs pollution crapola sounds like a warranty fix most likely and a trip to your dealer good luck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

8. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

There have been a few people that have had this issue. More then likely the dealer will just reset it hopefully unless there is something wrong with the system. Which it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

From what i have seen it happens to people who had 2 or more gallons of def at a time.

Weird LOL

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks walla2k5 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I only use Blue DEF. I was down below a quarter tank so I put a jug in. Drove I’d about 70 miles before it came on. Did find a scr recall. Not sure if that would cause it.

12. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4btyjjeep View Post
    I only use Blue DEF. I was down below a quarter tank so I put a jug in. Drove I’d about 70 miles before it came on. Did find a scr recall. Not sure if that would cause it.
    The SCR recall wouldn't cause this code. What I have seen in the past is the def has "gone bad". Unfortunately Def has a shelf life and it will break down over time. If your jug is over a year old that may be what happened.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2014 2055
    Deleted, tuned(DRD)
    Fully Build 68RFE by BD Diesel
    SXE 64.5 fixed vane turbo
    Inline exhaust break
    Stock CP3 and injectors

14. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I bought it at Walmart and put it in my truck in the parking lot. I would hope they don’t have it for a year before they put it on the shelf.
    P207F and P20EE are the 2 codes it gives

16. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Hey, so I just “googled” the p207f and p20ee codes together for the dodge Cummins and there is a lot of info related to your issues. I don’t know what year your truck is or the specifics so it might be of some help to you in the direction you need. Hope this will help, on one thread it stated that the p20ee code is to replace your cat converter. Keep us informed and good luck!!

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

18. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

My scan tool says P207f is Reductant Quality Performance and the reported fix is 1st. program engine control module w/P20EE and 2nd. is to replace engine control module w/P20EE and the P20EE is SCR NOx Catalyst Efficiency below Threshold BANK 1 and the reported fix is program engine control module w/P051b,P061A,P1123 and 2nd is replace diesel Oxidation Catalyst. But I don,t think my year has a diesel oxidation catalyst
    My truck is A 2015 2500 4X4 with 68RFE. It has 56000 mile on it.

20. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast