Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  46
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another egr delete question (banks and fleece)

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Another egr delete question (banks and fleece)

I’ve read tons of delete threads but it seems most people aren’t doing it the way I’ve been planning mine.

The plan is to use the banks monster intake, s&b CCV setup that I have already but I still need to order fleece coolant bypass and egr port plates.
    Does anyone happen to know if this setup will cover all the parts needed (without buying the egr delete kits and wasting money on parts twice)? I’m assuming it will but I wanted to be sure since all the kits seem to come with a bracket, one I assume is for coolant lines.
    Also it’s been hard to find egr delete plates that are tapped outside of the kits, any pointers here?

i miss my 5.9 already

2. Likes watersupply189, david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Another egr delete question (banks and fleece)

Quote Originally Posted by Muljoh08 View Post
    I’ve read tons of delete threads but it seems most people aren’t doing it the way I’ve been planning mine.

The plan is to use the banks monster intake, s&b CCV setup that I have already but I still need to order fleece coolant bypass and egr port plates.
    Does anyone happen to know if this setup will cover all the parts needed (without buying the egr delete kits and wasting money on parts twice)? I’m assuming it will but I wanted to be sure since all the kits seem to come with a bracket, one I assume is for coolant lines.
    Also it’s been hard to find egr delete plates that are tapped outside of the kits, any pointers here?

i miss my 5.9 already
    So the only thing you are concerned about is the mounting bracket? It not only holds the coolant bypass to the head by also the tranny dip stick. Go on eBay and get a cheap kit. They are the same thing as any other name brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trainingwheels View Post
    So the only thing you are concerned about is the mounting bracket? It not only holds the coolant bypass to the head by also the tranny dip stick. Go on eBay and get a cheap kit. They are the same thing as any other name brand.

I believe so. I think the route I’m going should alleviate the use 90% of the parts in those kits. I think I realistically only need the mounting bracket and possibly that spacer and the egr blockoff plates on the manifold but I wanted to make sure I’m not wrong in assuming this.

- what does the “threaded spacer” that comes with those kits do?

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Another egr delete question (banks and fleece)

I believe so. I think the route I’m going should alleviate the use 90% of the parts in those kits. I think I realistically only need the mounting bracket and possibly that spacer and the egr blockoff plates on the manifold but I wanted to make sure I’m not wrong in assuming this.

- what does the “threaded spacer” that comes with those kits do?
    So what is the route you are going? I’m not understanding. What do you think you will be eliminating? The kits basically only include the block off plates, the bracket and coolant hose. The little bolts and nuts just put it all together. Trying to piece together a delete kit is absolutely silly.

The threaded spacer spaces the bracket away from the manifold allowing you to mount the coolant hose and tranny dip. Without the bracket, your tranny dip will be bouncing around in there.

Instead of buying a separate coolant hose and egr block off plates from random dealers and trying to piece it together, buy the kit. What parts are you thinking you are buying twice??? It seems you must be stuck on a fleece coolant hose which is forcing you to piece this together.

8. Likes Power247, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I do cheap out some things. I got a kit off ebay and it worked perfectly. The rear block off plate was tapped and a plug was in it. Be sure and check that it's tight however. They've been known to blow out of there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by trainingwheels View Post
    So what is the route you are going? I’m not understanding. What do you think you will be eliminating? The kits basically only include the block off plates, the bracket and coolant hose. The little bolts and nuts just put it all together. Trying to piece together a delete kit is absolutely silly.

The threaded spacer spaces the bracket away from the manifold allowing you to mount the coolant hose and tranny dip. Without the bracket, your tranny dip will be bouncing around in there.

Instead of buying a separate coolant hose and egr block off plates from random dealers and trying to piece it together, buy the kit. What parts are you thinking you are buying twice??? It seems you must be stuck on a fleece coolant hose which is forcing you to piece this together.

Because those kits are the half *** way of deleting. You’re still leaving the throttle valve, adding a block off plate to a poor flowing intake manifold where I’m using the banks which flows more, deletes the throttle valve, doesn’t have a bootleg plate on top of it and looks cleaner. I’m running a seperate coolant hose because the rear cylinder heats up, hence the coolant bypass. I’m not new to cummins, just 6.7 emissions garbage.

13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Because those kits are the half *** way of deleting. You’re still leaving the throttle valve, adding a block off plate to a poor flowing intake manifold where I’m using the banks which flows more, deletes the throttle valve, doesn’t have a bootleg plate on top of it and looks cleaner. I’m running a seperate coolant hose because the rear cylinder heats up, hence the coolant bypass. I’m not new to cummins, just 6.7 emissions garbage.
    Banks stuff is BS over hyped garbage most guys are either using Shibby or GDP much better performing products hands down better Intake air horns

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Banks stuff is BS over hyped garbage most guys are either using Shibby or GDP much better performing products hands down better Intake air horns
    6 one way, half a dozen the other. They all inflate numbers. The point of this is to figure out if I needed the bracket and “spacer” but everyone on this forum seems to be focused on the cheap way or brand x.

16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jpd0244 View Post
    Ok so I have the kit, the spacer don’t seem to fit mine and allow the bracket to reach. My bracket will only mount with one bolt and it pulls the coolant bypass hose away from the aluminum fitting. I ended up zip tying the crap out of mine, using a hose clamp and tightened it to like 4500 ft lbs and still only use one bolt so I can reach my trans tube. If what your using works, don’t sweat name brand.
    I think you may have over torqued it just a little bit bud

17. Likes watersupply189, Jpd0244, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast