Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  37
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: side mirrors "just complaining about it"

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Angry side mirrors "just complaining about it"

I have the 2015 ram 3500 Laramie and never turned off the tilt for reverse function. Went to drive home from work yesterday and it stayed pointing down. hit the button to adjust it back to normal level and it wouldn't adjust. It moves left and right but not up and down. I guess its time to look for a new motor for it.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: side mirrors "just complaining about it"

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldsq View Post
    I have the 2015 ram 3500 Laramie and never turned off the tilt for reverse function. Went to drive home from work yesterday and it stayed pointing down. hit the button to adjust it back to normal level and it wouldn't adjust. It moves left and right but not up and down. I guess its time to look for a new motor for it.
    Wow! You have the tilt feature on your Laramie? I have a 16 Laramie and it doesn’t have that option. Hopefully it’s just a computer glitch and it will start working after your computer resets when you turn it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

3. Likes david3gen, walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Wow! You have the tilt feature on your Laramie? I have a 16 Laramie and it doesn’t have that option. Hopefully it’s just a computer glitch and it will start working after your computer resets when you turn it off.

I think it depends on which mirror package or accessories package you get. It was still not budging this morning so it’s a manual adjustment mirror for now.

5. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I think it depends on which mirror package or accessories package you get. It was still not budging this morning so it’s a manual adjustment mirror for now.

Man that sucks. Hopefully you can get it fixed with new motors and it’s not the computer controller itself.

7. Likes david3gen, walla2k5, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Can you test the switch and motors first, before buying new ones?

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

9. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Switch works for the other side so unless there is a bus system failure I don’t think it’s the switch. I’m going to try to get a DMM on the motor tomorrow

11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Switch works for the other side so unless there is a bus system failure I don’t think it’s the switch. I’m going to try to get a DMM on the motor tomorrow

Gotcha, good luck.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

12. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

well I don't see a place to get in and measure if there is voltage getting to it. not to mention I cant find just the motor for sale anywhere anyway. I'm fairly certain it just burnt out the up and down when in the non tow position. If I flip it to tow position then it moves up and down but not side to side.

14. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Just a thought but Have you looked behind the mirror to see if a part is broken on it?

16. Likes cumminsbadgirl, walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Just a thought but Have you looked behind the mirror to see if a part is broken on it?

nothing visually and I don't hear the motor trying either.

18. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast