Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: 04.5 cracked bell housing cracked?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

04.5 cracked bell housing cracked?

Its been a minute guys! I no longer have a cummins due to getting into something cheaper, but I convinced my brother to get into one.
    He bought a 04.5 cummins just like I had, and he sent me this picture today (hes only owned it for a week..) looks cracked to me, but its been a minute since ive looked under a cummins.
    If its cracked, would he be looking at a new bell housing? or is this a JB weld and let er rip tater chip? the trans has had no work done to it to the best of our knowledge...

Also, hes been averaging about 10mpgs. not anywhere near what i used to get. would this be part of that issue? (hand calculated)

He lives in lawton, OK so if any of you guys are from around that area and could recommend a good shop that'd be great!

Smarty s06, fass150 with sump, 35's 4.5" lift, s&b cold air intake and intake horn and straight piped.

Attached Images Attached Images

2004.5 Cummins 2500 SLT - Smarty s06 - FASS 150 With Heater Element - 4" Straight pipe exhaust 8" tip - Silencer Ring MIA - Banks intake - Skyjacker lift - 20" black rims wrapped with 35" terra grapplers - Rhino line two tone - Glow shift gauges - KC lights
    100k miles, gettin broke in

2. Likes walla2k5, david3gen, watersupply189 liked this post