Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  17

Thread: question about the torque readings on the mm3 tuner

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

question about the torque readings on the mm3 tuner

so I've been wondering this for while now and ive been thinking about getting the truck on a dyno and seeing if the numbers are true. when i get on the 200hp and start goosing it i get around 1100-1400tq on the current torque reading but when i put it on to the torque desired i got 1705 when me and my friend raced up to 160 mph. IMG_2960.jpg

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: question about the torque readings on the mm3 tuner

Quote Originally Posted by K3n357 View Post
    so I've been wondering this for while now and ive been thinking about getting the truck on a dyno and seeing if the numbers are true. when i get on the 200hp and start goosing it i get around 1100-1400tq on the current torque reading but when i put it on to the torque desired i got 1705 when me and my friend raced up to 160 mph. IMG_2960.jpg
    Man I hope you got head studs you are messing with fire on the 200 hp setting who tuned your truck ? If it was Ray from DRD I’ll say your numbers are correct anything above the 150 hp Ray recommends studs specifically ARP 625 Studs

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

yea the tunes are from ray and im running 625 studs

4. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K3n357 View Post
    yea the tunes are from ray and im running 625 studs
    Then your in good shape and Rays tuning is on point as far as readings bud

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Likes watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Old thread here. I have the same question as to desired vs actual. I get only 1300 desired but actual is 1000 on the torque at the 200 hp setting. Quite a bit lower. This normal or am I missing something?

As always lightning fast response from DRD email.
    Edit...Torque readings are erroneous on the MM3. So pay those no attention.

2016. Laramie 2500, 68RFE, CC 4x4. DRD Medical plan. factory rear air. 2” lift/level. 35x12.5, Revmax vb with deep pan. ARP 425 head studs.

8. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    Old thread here. I have the same question as to desired vs actual. I get only 1300 desired but actual is 1000 on the torque at the 200 hp setting. Quite a bit lower. This normal or am I missing something? Stock turbo, ARP studs, revmax vb.
    I wouldn’t worry about it too much. My understanding is the MM3s formula is designed to get you in the ball park but it can vary a bit due to all the variables. If you really want to know what you’re putting down I would get it on a dyno. Going on a whim here but my guess is you’d be in the 1050 ball park depending on dyno

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I wouldn’t worry about it too much. My understanding is the MM3s formula is designed to get you in the ball park but it can vary a bit due to all the variables. If you really want to know what you’re putting down I would get it on a dyno. Going on a whim here but my guess is you’d be in the 1050 ball park depending on dyno
    Thanks. Yeah Dyno be best.
    It’s good enough for me tho. Ray was quick in response also so I edit that post.

2016. Laramie 2500, 68RFE, CC 4x4. DRD Medical plan. factory rear air. 2” lift/level. 35x12.5, Revmax vb with deep pan. ARP 425 head studs.

12. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    Thanks. Yeah Dyno be best.
    It’s good enough for me tho. Ray was quick in response also so I edit that post.
    It’s been a while since watching but Ray has a dyno video with stock charger. I forget what numbers it out down

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

14. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post