Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  71
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealership and Deleting

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exclamation Dealership and Deleting

My neighbor and I were comparing Cummins notes last night, deleting in particular. He said while he was at the stealership (CA) the other day he asked them about honoring the warranty on his '17 if he deleted any of the components. The service manager told him that the service department would take note of the mods, generate the appropriate paperwork and report the mods along with any other pertinent information to the EPA. Anyone ever heard of a dealership doing this? This service manager was the same person who got uppity when I requested the PIN numbers for my 2500. She wanted to know exactly why I needed them and then proceeded to grill me regarding vehicle mods and federal felonies. FYI, I don't live in Kalifornia but this is the closest Dodge dealer. Kinda unnerving to say the least.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Dealership and Deleting

Wouldn't think twice about changing dealerships LOL. Sometimes it's worth the extra mile to go to one that is more friendly... Even if they are not mod friendly you can definitely find better service then that.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Dealership and Deleting

Wow !!! That is just crazy! From other posts from members on here most dealerships are delete/mod friendly. When I bought my 14 (used and stock) I had problems from day 1 coming home from the dealership I just had bought from, so I called my hometown dealership and they waited for me to get there, they addressed the issue and I picked up my truck the next day. From that day on THEY encouraged me to do deletes to eliminate any future problems. I had gone in there I think 2 more times before I finally got the deletes done and wa-la no more problems (knock on wood LOL) But for them to go as far to let the EPA know is crazy!!! I know California has strict everything laws but wow

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Right? I kinda expected a little better treatment considering I've bought two of the four Rams I've owned from them. But then again, I've heard some pretty crazy things about her from a few of the locals. My friend's daughter is a salesperson there...I get a lot of scoop on this place. As previously mentioned, I guess I'm gonna have to find a new dealership. The others are 100 mi and 160 mi away! :-( I was just curious if anyone else has ever heard of a dealership threatening to rat out owners who delete their trucks or if perhaps its just this uppity service manager.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeepmanjr View Post
    Right? I kinda expected a little better treatment considering I've bought two of the four Rams I've owned from them. But then again, I've heard some pretty crazy things about her from a few of the locals. My friend's daughter is a salesperson there...I get a lot of scoop on this place. As previously mentioned, I guess I'm gonna have to find a new dealership. The others are 100 mi and 160 mi away! :-( I was just curious if anyone else has ever heard of a dealership threatening to rat out owners who delete their trucks or if perhaps its just this uppity service manager.
    I have to agree with DDP and go to another dealership, I know it’s further away but you shouldn’t have to feel threatened!! That’s BS in my opinion. I hope she stays in CA !! Good luck and keep us informed

"Cumminsbadgirl"
    2014 Cummins Mega 3500 ( Aisin ) 4X4
    MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

6. Thanks jeepmanjr thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have heard of guys getting treated like this but never experienced it myself. I would be surprised if all dealerships are 'required' to take this sort of action on a deleted truck because you would hear of it more often.

Something tells me she drives a Prius or a Leaf with a 'I hate diesels' sticker on the back ?

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I have heard of guys getting treated like this but never experienced it myself. I would be surprised if all dealerships are 'required' to take this sort of action on a deleted truck because you would hear of it more often.

Something tells me she drives a Prius or a Leaf with a 'I hate diesels' sticker on the back ?

Greg

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post

Greg
    HA!! LOL!! Now you've got me curious...

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeepmanjr View Post
    My neighbor and I were comparing Cummins notes last night, deleting in particular. He said while he was at the stealership (CA) the other day he asked them about honoring the warranty on his '17 if he deleted any of the components. The service manager told him that the service department would take note of the mods, generate the appropriate paperwork and report the mods along with any other pertinent information to the EPA. Anyone ever heard of a dealership doing this? This service manager was the same person who got uppity when I requested the PIN numbers for my 2500. She wanted to know exactly why I needed them and then proceeded to grill me regarding vehicle mods and federal felonies. FYI, I don't live in Kalifornia but this is the closest Dodge dealer. Kinda unnerving to say the least.
    That is just a crabby lady in charge of more than likely a crappy service department!!! Kick um to the curb!!!!you don’t need that crap. I’ve only been to the west coast a couple of times but every time I go I do a parking lot and highway survey of all the diesels (dodge,Chevy and ford) and I would say 75% have black tailpipes (coal rollers). Just my 2cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 RAM 2500, MM3/DRD, 625 ARP Studs, RevMax VB

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

that is insanity, but not surprising. In NJ they (the EPA) has asked the service departments to help them and report it, or call them in, (private shops too) but the guys in charge knowing it is BETTER FOR YOUR vehicle ignore it. I have had the owner of a shop in Hackettstown NJ show me the letter. I just Laughed.

My dealer is delete friendly, up until you need a trans or a motor. The service manager's words to me were, You don't tune a (insert non internal engine part here) do you? okay then we are good. Ohh the tune conversation we didn't have it.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast