Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New truck and fresh start

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

New truck and fresh start

Hey everyone, I'm ready to start slowly dumping money into another truck and already have a good idea what I'm doing. Before I delete and tune this truck I'm going to try a stealth performance module (mostly for giggles) and to see if these are a viable option for someone with fleet vehicles or the need for a warranty.

Before you line up to tell me that it could still void the warranty... I know. I also want to run this module and test its claims of zero footprint and dealership performance report conspiracy theories. Imo I know my dealership sells me a loaded truck every couple of years and they are more than happy to take my juiced up truck on trade for fair value. I doubt they would bat an eye at this fooler module but I guess we'll find out everything in time.

I was interested in the technology when I saw it on TV and started researching it. What little info I found online was usually from someone who has never owned anything over 600 hp.

My goal is to take a stock 2017 ram 2500 and try this, and possibly other less invasive products, and objectively gauge the value. I will dyno the results, and then compare them to the fully deleted and tuned truck.

This will take some time but it will be interesting to see how much I can squeeze out of her without removing all the standard stuff and tuning.

Please keep in mind that I don't work at a shop and I'm not a mechanic. I know just enough to be handy/dangerous. And this is not motivated by anything other than curiosity.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

2. Likes david3gen, walla2k5, Power247, AnOldBiker liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: New truck and fresh start

Quote Originally Posted by Grizcore View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm ready to start slowly dumping money into another truck and already have a good idea what I'm doing. Before I delete and tune this truck I'm going to try a stealth performance module (mostly for giggles) and to see if these are a viable option for someone with fleet vehicles or the need for a warranty.

Before you line up to tell me that it could still void the warranty... I know. I also want to run this module and test its claims of zero footprint and dealership performance report conspiracy theories. Imo I know my dealership sells me a loaded truck every couple of years and they are more than happy to take my juiced up truck on trade for fair value. I doubt they would bat an eye at this fooler module but I guess we'll find out everything in time.

I was interested in the technology when I saw it on TV and started researching it. What little info I found online was usually from someone who has never owned anything over 600 hp.

My goal is to take a stock 2017 ram 2500 and try this, and possibly other less invasive products, and objectively gauge the value. I will dyno the results, and then compare them to the fully deleted and tuned truck.

This will take some time but it will be interesting to see how much I can squeeze out of her without removing all the standard stuff and tuning.

Please keep in mind that I don't work at a shop and I'm not a mechanic. I know just enough to be handy/dangerous. And this is not motivated by anything other than curiosity. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ae2928c796.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a0e437e2af.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bce391e3af.jpg

Congrats on the truck bud! Welcome to the family.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Congrats on the truck bud! Welcome to the family.
    Thanks, I've had the truck for about a year with about 20000 miles on it but I can't drive it stock any longer. If I can save 50 bucks a month I'll count that as a win.

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

This sounds very interesting. Looking forward to seeing your results.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Please keep in mind that I don't work at a shop and I'm not a mechanic. I know just enough to be handy/dangerous. And this is not motivated by anything other than curiosity. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ae2928c796.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a0e437e2af.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bce391e3af.jpg

Good luck on you doing what you want to do to truck and hope you get results your looking for

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    This sounds very interesting. Looking forward to seeing your results.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    I'm also very interested in the results. I have a 2017 3500 that I'm deciding on whether to try the stealth module or just go with DRD emissions intact tuning.

14. Likes Grizcore, walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Hello @Grizcore. Looking for an update.

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Hi guys, Ive put on a lot of kms and I'm very impressed with the stealth performance module. The first stage I did was my morning commute. I do this drive every day to drop off my kids at school and go to work.20180618_080917 (1).jpg

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Hi guys, Ive put on a lot of kms and I'm very impressed with the stealth performance module. The first stage I did was my morning commute. I do this drive every day to drop off my kids at school and go to work.20180618_080917 (1).jpg
    this takes place on 4km of 80 km/h flow of traffic and 2 km of stop and start 30-50 km/h. This was the fuel savings after the first couple of days.20180626_081544.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast