Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Semper Fi!!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Semper Fi!!

Gotta be more Marines than that!

'80-'84. 7th Marines, 1st Combat Engineer Battalion. But ended up going to Scout/Sniper school and becoming a Primary Marksmanship Instructor and member of the 1st Mar Div Rifle & Pistol Team. Made the Marine Corps Rifle Team and spent most of my summers at Quantico and on the road shooting matches. Great times for sure, but civilian life was calling. I ultimately retired from the Border Patrol after 26 years. Now just an old retired guy enjoying my new Ram pickup.

Semper Fi

2. Thanks Jpd0244, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Jpd0244, IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Semper Fi!!

Let's see, served in 80-84. So you were 'bout 20 in 80. Many of us were out and raising a family when you were born. Sort of wet behind the ears to many of us.

Thanks for your service .. congrats on the retirement .. welcome to the old farts club .. and don't forget the Army ..

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks Jpd0244, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Jpd0244, IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

LOL! No sir, I spent a lot of time with you guys at Ft. Lost In The Woods and Benning. The Army Marksmanship Unit was one of our biggest opponents on the range. Wet behind the ears...my dad used to use that phrase quite often. Thank you...and thank you for your service as well.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5, AnOldBiker liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Great, let's proudly wear the "Retired Old Coots" metal of honor ...

God Bless This Great Country

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5, jeepmanjr liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeepmanjr View Post
    Gotta be more Marines than that!

'80-'84. 7th Marines, 1st Combat Engineer Battalion. But ended up going to Scout/Sniper school and becoming a Primary Marksmanship Instructor and member of the 1st Mar Div Rifle & Pistol Team. Made the Marine Corps Rifle Team and spent most of my summers at Quantico and on the road shooting matches. Great times for sure, but civilian life was calling. I ultimately retired from the Border Patrol after 26 years. Now just an old retired guy enjoying my new Ram pickup.

Semper Fi
    Thank you for your Service and Congrats on being retired

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, jeepmanjr thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jpd0244 View Post
    Well then I guess I’m a spring chicken LOL. I was 7 in 1980. Served 91-95. 1st bn 6th mar. Dragons. Barracks baby. Semper fi.
    Thank you for your Service

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

12. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/war/grenade.gif

Great, let's proudly wear the "Retired Old Coots" metal of honor ...

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/wa...ng-us-flag.gif
    God Bless This Great Country
    Those are some really cool looking emoticons bud

14. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jpd0244 View Post
    Well then I guess I’m a spring chicken LOL. I was 7 in 1980. Served 91-95. 1st bn 6th mar. Dragons. Barracks baby. Semper fi.
    I was 6! Went in a little later (95'), took some time to work and educate myself in "social" matters, while learning i didn't know what i wanted to do!
    One afternoon, went out to get my Mum some groceries and returned home hours later as a poolee! Parents about died!!! LOL!

16. Thanks Jpd0244 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5, Jpd0244 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx999s View Post
    I was 6! Went in a little later (95'), took some time to work and educate myself in "social" matters, while learning i didn't know what i wanted to do!
    One afternoon, went out to get my Mum some groceries and returned home hours later as a poolee! Parents about died!!! LOL!
    I was hatched in 82 and went to boot camp in 2000 on my 18th bday. Which Dallas are you in NC or Texas?

18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 06ram18 View Post
    I was hatched in 82 and went to boot camp in 2000 on my 18th bday. Which Dallas are you in NC or Texas?
    Located in the good ol' lone star state! Wife is in involved with the DFW Devil Dogs, great bunch of Marines that have a variety of self-owned businesses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast