Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throttle Valve Delete - $30 vs $130

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Throttle Valve Delete - $30 vs $130

Shopping for parts to complete an EGR and throttle valve delete. I've settled on ***'s EGR kit w/ the coolant re-route.

The throttle valve is a whole other story. Lots of options out there, ranging in price from $30 to $130, but they all look the same. It's an aluminum pipe with a flange, 4 bolts, and a gasket. So, why the price variation?

Even the higher priced models (***, Sinister, etc. - $109) have reviews saying the bolts were too long and they had to stack washers to make them work. Has anyone installed one of the cheaper ($30-$40) throttle valve delete kits and had success with it?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Throttle Valve Delete - $30 vs $130

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSignal View Post
    Shopping for parts to complete an EGR and throttle valve delete. I've settled on ***'s EGR kit w/ the coolant re-route.

The throttle valve is a whole other story. Lots of options out there, ranging in price from $30 to $130, but they all look the same. It's an aluminum pipe with a flange, 4 bolts, and a gasket. So, why the price variation?

Even the higher priced models (***, Sinister, etc. - $109) have reviews saying the bolts were too long and they had to stack washers to make them work. Has anyone installed one of the cheaper ($30-$40) throttle valve delete kits and had success with it?
    When I was looking into buying delete parts for my truck, I did an extensive amount of research and then bit the bullet on a super cheap $80 dollar kit that came with the egr valve and coolant plates and the throttle valve delete. It all came in a small box with no instructions. But the kit looked exactly like the sinister delete kit. It was blue, just with no logo. So I used the sinister install instructions. Worked perfect. The bolts were the perfect size. Everything fit great.

Here is what I had purchased. From this seller as well.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/6-7L-EGR-Cool...pid=3016985548

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks ZeroSignal thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Throttle Valve Delete - $30 vs $130

Bought an entire delete kit on eBay for 70 bucks with the throttle plate delete and worked great

5. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, ZeroSignal liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the feedback!

For the record, I'm not one to cheap out on parts. I just don't see the point in paying triple digits for a hunk of aluminum pipe and some 30-cent fasteners. I'd rather put the money I save towards suspension or other engine parts.

7. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, Yamahamod liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I got my kit off of EBay. CNS motors. Looks just like sinister Diesel and pd. Only $50ish for it. Included was the throttle valve delete. Perfect fit.

9. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I also used a EGR and throttle valve delete that I got from Ebay. It is the same machining done to the same block of aluminum with the same anodizing and the same hardware. I am as happy as can be. I did notice that some of them do not include exhaust manifold gaskets for the block off plates... make sure you get one where you get the gaskets for the block off plates.

11. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I did the eBay route as well. My kit was around $60 and included the plates, coolant reroute and throttle valve delete but no gaskets. I re used the stock gaskets with no issues. The only issue I had was the bolts were too long for the throttle valve but $5 at Lowe’s for new SS cap screws fixed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes walla2k5, watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I got a throttle valve delete from amazon for 30. Had to cut the bolts and the gasket was garbage so had to buy a factory one. Overall it fit perfect though.

2013 3500 SRW, Mm3, DRD Tunes, Kevlar Paint

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

screenshot_270.jpg

Two screws, slide the flapper plate out and disconnect the plug and you are good to go for free.

In discussions with my vendor, he said spending the money on a throttle delete kit (for my application is useless) as I will gain nothing. Looking at some other data points, I agreed with him…however… There are some stories out there about the valve closing on folks after a delete. I could see how strong flow could cause the spring loaded valve to “potentially” have an opportunity to close. So, by merely removing to torx screws I was able to pull the butterfly out and not have that worry.

Last edited by Eric_RG; 02-27-2019 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Add additional data

17. Thanks TH-64, Yamahamod thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, TH-64 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

My recommendation is get a Chevy small block water pump hose nipple and replace the coolant hose connection on the block it’s a ****** trying to get the hose over that thing. I was able to get it off with a 1” deep socket and a breaker bar

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast